INOVA X5 UV, DOES ANYBODY OWN ONE YET?

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody out there own or have you tested the Inova X5 UV yet? One of the dealers I deal with just got them in but at about $75 each I would like to see a little feedback on them first. I will probably get one anyway but at least if a few people here like them it will make it easier for me to justify the purchase of another light that I have no use for other than to play with.

Free

Enlightened
I think I am going to order one of these. Summer is coming and I need a good Scorpion hunting light.

fluorescent

Enlightened
I recently picked one up and it's great. It's built like a tank. I use it mostly for close up glass inspection. I can light up my black light tapestries from across the room.
No run time feedback or heavy use to report at this time.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dern it, road kill.

I should have set that site to my favorites. Too much flashlight surfing to not use favorites. I found a site that had like 5 or 6 colors of X5Ts.

I keep thinking it had a big FU logo on it (which made me a little leery). I searched for "Flashlight Universe" and still couldn't find it.

To answer your question it looked just like any other X5T. Considering that it would probably be 4X the power of the $45.00 ARC AAA UV it seems like it would be great for special purposes. I want one...but I want a SF and a Mr. B. SuperSpaceNeedle and a McStealth and a lambda MegaMan and an AB BlingBling and a Rothrandir optically focusable SumpinSumpin and a...

Whew!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's it!

Thanks, mvario.

Wonder if anybody has done business with FU? It is a nice looking site despite the unfortunate logo.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update as to why I hate all you people(kidding)! Nobody could give me any feedack on the UV X5 so I went out and spent
$70 on one today! It comes in a little hard plastic case thats
just a hair bigger than the light. The model is X5MT-UVT and
it looks just like the X5MT-WT. You can't tell the differene between the two until you turn it on. I will let you know what I think of it after use it for a few days. Now I must go play with it.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
I got it local and had no real reason or need for it I just felt like getting it. This is my first UV light and I just wanted to see what is all about. It's kind of like the black light I had in my bedroom when I was a kid. I had it with me at work today and when I shinned it on the floor in the public bathroom what it shows up is enough to make you sick! When you shine it on US bills it also make that hidden line glow. So far it seems to be like just a little black light. I have a few slightly radioactive glass marbles and when I shine it on them they get a super bright yellow/green glow.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Free said:
I think I am going to order one of these. Summer is coming and I need a good Scorpion hunting light.

[/ QUOTE ]

how does uv help with scorpion hunting? what do you do with the scorps?

Free

Enlightened
The Scorpions glow in UV light. Where I live we get several Scorpions in the house every night in the summer. I go around the house at night with my UV light to find them and toss them back outside where they belong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BTW, I also got my Inova X5UV and it is great! Bring on the Scorpions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shark

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifIn the house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif