Interesting response from Surefire regarding new output numbers for L4 and L5....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised at the Surefire bashing that's going on here. IMO, they are the only ones that I think are above board when output ratings are concerned. Of all the lights I've owned, SF is one of the few whose specs I will accept without question.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Freedom1955 said:
IMHO surefire is overpriced and overrated.:thumbsdow and there service sucks. Howd you like that size 15's/
Are you baiting an admin? :duck:

I'm curious to see what your experiences with them have been to generate such a comment.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO surefire is overpriced and overrated.:thumbsdow and there service sucks. Howd you like that size 15's/

Well I won't speak for Al, but I think you have done nothing good with that remark. That comes from someone who doesn't belive SF is the King of the hill it used to be. But SF is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
My experiences with there service was absolutely terrible.

I sent my U2 back and it took 3 months to get it back. I called every week and was given a line of bull for 3 months by the head tech at Surefire. I finally called Surefire again and this time asked for the head techs boss and received an apology and my new U2 in 2 days.
I will never forget that experience and finally had to get it off my chest.
I no longer own any Surefire products and never will again.

Last edited:

tracker870

Enlightened
Though we are getting slightly off the original topic, I just wanted to share my positive experience with Surefire Service.
I know it's not as "high-tech" as a U2, but I had about a 2 week turnaround on an E2E last Fall. Also called early last year re: getting a longer clip, which they sent out right away.

Freedom1955

Enlightened
Bravo25 said:
Well I won't speak for Al, but I think you have done nothing good with that remark. QUOTE]

Negative experiences which are exposed if heard by the offending party's can have a positive impact on there poor attitudes.

Last edited:

bhds

Enlightened
greenLED said:
Sure, but it's known that their numbers are by far the most "honest" ones we've seen; and this is consistent for all their products. If anything, they're conservative values, while other manufacturer's numbers... :green:

Gonna have to politely disagree. :) Peter Gransee (Arc) not only lists their numbers conservatively but gives supporting data on who did the testing and how they did it.

With that said, Surefire makes top of the line quality lights with excellent support. A while back I called them about a broken A2 switch and they sent me a brand new one without even receiving the old one or even verifying that I owned one.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Freedom1955 said:
My experiences with there service was absolutely terrible.

... I finally called Surefire again and this time asked for the head techs boss and received an apology and my new U2 in 2 days.
I will never forget that experience and finally had to get it off my chest.
I no longer own any Surefire products and never will again.

Much better than the first one. Thanks for your point of view, and relating your experience.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has drifted off-topic, and CPF doesn't need another, redundant Surefire CS jeer/cheer thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.