Interesting Video Finds Part 4

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The most amazing voice nobody's ever heard of...
I've been fortunate to see her in concert many times over the years.

Got her start after the 1987 season of "Star Search," during which she won for an unprecedented 12 straight weeks leading to a career on Broadway where she was known as "The Voice".

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Clicked on this video by accident. Thought it was a mostly still-image ASMR relaxation video with a theme. Those are very common on YT and easily go on for several hours! This one seemed very short, for such a video. But I was intrigued. Imagine a very Forward-thinking doctor in the 1830s who believed that mental health patients should NOT be simply locked away and forgotten....

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clicked on this video by accident. Thought it was a mostly still-image ASMR relaxation video with a theme. Those are very common on YT and easily go on for several hours! This one seemed very short, for such a video. But I was intrigued. Imagine a very Forward-thinking doctor in the 1830s who believed that mental health patients should NOT be simply locked away and forgotten....

What an absolute shame that it just sits there and continues to decay. Someone with deep pockets should restore that place. We really need to reopen our mental institutions, the mental health system in this nation is in crisis. I'm just amazed that no one has done anything with this property since the fire. Such a shame.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA! That made me laugh out loud. :yellowlaugh:
Glad you liked it. Not an Apple fan? :crackup:

While it was an interesting experiment, and the slow-mo photography was fun, I can't help but think that a regular 12 ga. shotgun with buckshot would have done the same thing, maybe better. That shell that he loaded the .22 LR into was sure slow and awkward to load. It certainly wouldn't lend itself to a rapid follow-up shot. Gotta admit, the huge ring of fire was pretty cool. :D

Glad you liked it. Not an Apple fan? :crackup:
Let's just say I'm an iProduct fan and leave it at that. 😁

While it was an interesting experiment, and the slow-mo photography was fun, I can't help but think that a regular 12 ga. shotgun with buckshot would have done the same thing, maybe better. That shell that he loaded the .22 LR into was sure slow and awkward to load. It certainly wouldn't lend itself to a rapid follow-up shot. Gotta admit, the huge ring of fire was pretty cool. :D
Did ya notice the 22 projectiles weren't spinning?

Ring Of Fire - Yeah, I was reminded of that one too.