Introducing the MagnetoDrive with SmartDial

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Will, any updates if this will go into production?? I keep checking back every now and then for an update:eek:

wquiles

Flashaholic
I have located a couple of local CNC shops, so that is good. I however don't have the funds yet to do a small run at this point in time, so I am not close to doing any production run in the near future.

Not being able to do a production run has been a mixed blessing since I have had more time to re-think production/design details, and I have made progress with the small buck LED driver that I needed for the production light. Specifically, I needed an LED driver that could drive 1x LED, or 3x LED's in series, take 2-4 LiIon cells, and fit in a very small space (with parts in only one side of the board). Here is how my current design looks like, for a high efficiency, constant current, buck LED driver in a 20mm board, with a target current around 1.5-2 Amps, and that can take an input PWM signal for dimming. The small board has one grounded hole for a screw, and two holes for LED wires coming from the other side of a heatsink - I am hoping this driver will be useful in other small form factor LED lights as well:
LED_Driver.png

Will

Latest posts