iPhone X is here;)

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPS delivered the IPhone 10 today and first impressions are very good. The screen is beautiful and the phone responds instantly. It will take a little time getting used to not having a home button but having the extra screen real estate is worth the learning curve. Probable the most striking aspect so far is when I hold the 6s next to the 10 the amount of additional screen space is amazing yet if you turn the phones around just looking at the backs the phones look so close in terms of overall size. The 10 is slightly wider which for me makes it easier to type. I am constantly hitting the wrong key when typing on the 6s. Face ID is pretty cool and there is no lag, it is almost instantaneous. So far I really like the 10 but I am just now starting to use it.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, thanks for your review! I'll definitely be following along to see people's opinions as more people try it out.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm gettin' an X!! Personally an apple aint my thing, but my company struck up a deal with them a few years ago and we all got 5s's. Nice phone, decent camera and good voice clarity. Good enough but...
They updated something or other in their cyber system so I can no longer email photos with the 5s.

As a consultant, sometimes the client wants a photo and they want it quick.... and the company bosses decided we need new phones because of it. Today I was asked "which one you want?", and to me for a work phone the smaller the better. And being the overall body is smaller than the 8 the boss said "ok" when I explained that.

Cool. But heck, I'm still learning things the 5s can do...

ven

Flashaholic
Good choice mr fixer, i am sure i will get an X when i decide to upgrade.........when is the question though! It will not be an 8 anyway as no point from a 7+, but with the X actually being a smaller phone than my 7+ yet larger screen(as all screen), it makes the choice easy for me personally(big screen=easier for my eyes to see:))

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I am not aware of any issue with the 5s emailing photos via Apple OS, are you working with sensitive or classified material?

Apparently they are in the eyes of my companies cyber something or other. They used to send just fine through a personal address added to the phones, but that was nixed too. "Ah-ah-ah-no-no-no...violates security protocol"... :tsk:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not aware of any issue with the 5s emailing photos via Apple OS, are you working with sensitive or classified material?

One of my friends works for a property management company. He also has issues with his iPhone 5s sending photo attachments that last month, they phased in the iPhone 7+.

Attachments would fall into the outgoing box, requiring a second attempt to send.

It's not a new problem as a lot of IT managers are dealing with the problem.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Turns out you can get a 50% charge in 30 minutes on your new iPhone if you happen to have a laptop brick and a USB-C-to-Lightning cable laying around, according to Gizmodo:

Wf2Yy3B.jpg

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I do not get is why Apple can't bring a simple accessory like the Apple wireless charger to market at the same time as the wireless chargeable phones. Most wireless chargers will work with the IPhones capable of being wirelessly charged but none of the third party wireless chargers will work with the Apple Watch. Only the Apple charging pad will do both but will not be available in till sometime in 2018.