Is Olight a good brand?

LGT

Enlightened
I have both the I25 Infinitum and the 'T10 3w. Both work as described. The I15 has a slight greenish tint. But the t10 has a nice beam. All in all, I think they're decent lights,

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
got an m20 awhile back, great light, as good as any I have ever seen personally.

esrevenge

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the good info for you and the other posters about Olight.

I had no idea at all about the companies background until now.

It makes be feel better about getting an i3, I was on on the fence ...

AutoTech

Enlightened
It's interesting about the factories.

I've often wondered how many actual manufacturers there are in china. It's quite obvious a lot of brands are too similar to be made in seperate facilities.

Chidwack

Enlightened
My first quality LED was an Olight M20s S2. This light put me on the path to becoming a flashiholic and really peaked my interest in hi quality, hi performance LEDs. Up until that time I basically judged all LED lights from lights that are several years old. I had no idea that LED technological had advanced to where it had surpassed other lighting systems in performance and output. Up until that time I was only aware of increased battery life when using LED lights.

I have many other lights that are brighter and throw farther than my M20 but I'm not sure any are built better than my original M20. I trust it more to work properly every time than most any of my other lights. I also love that I can run this light on high mode for over 4 hours on just one quality 18650 battery. That's a big plus for me.

mhphoto

Newly Enlightened
I only have one Olight, but I know of three other people who have them and have never had a problem. My old T20-M feels solid as a rock and never fails to light.

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I have the M20S when i got it i compared it to my Fenix TK10 and found it to be much more versatile than the Fenix in terms of modes and battery options but not so tank-like built like the TK.Conclusion is that i would and probably will buy another Olight or more and i think its a great brand :wave:

slannesh

Newly Enlightened
My Olight T10/15 was my first higher end flashlight and I love the thing. Now, I've only had it for a year but it's my EDC and does an admirable job and I love the utility of being able to swap the body to use AA batteries in a pinch. I usually feed it RCR123 to get the higher output on high when I need it but when I was shopping around the easy conversion to AA was the thing that swung me to the Olight. I've since picked up a couple of other higher end flashlights (A Zebralight H51Fc and a Fenix TK41) but all in all i've been very happy with my Olight and wouldn't hesitate to look at them again.

ExtremeX

Newly Enlightened
I really love both of my Olights. The M30 was my very first larger sized flashlight out of the bunch, 3rd flashlight Ive ever purchased. The M3X has turned into one of my favorite lights after owning it.

I think they are well made / well designed.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Olight T10/15 was my first higher end flashlight and I love the thing. Now, I've only had it for a year but it's my EDC and does an admirable job and I love the utility of being able to swap the body to use AA batteries in a pinch. .......

I love Olight and have a T25T. I'd like to get the single AA T15 but noticed that you can get the T10 tube to convert to CR123. But you can also do it the other way around. I'd like to have both capabilities. Do you know which way works best or are the heads identical. I actually started another thread asking this very question before looking here. Anyhow just curious in case you don't see the other thread.

kreisler

Banned
hey guys, what's the official(!) webpage for the

Olight iTP SA2?

i cant find the product webpage on olightworld.com

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure it doesn't have one, not that I have found anyway...I bought my SA1 from Shining Beam, he had a pretty good description over there.

The Last Space Orb

Newly Enlightened
I live on acreage in rural Washington State. My Olight SR91 blows up my entire pasture to expose coyotes, bobcats and uninvited crazy neighbors.:wave: Excellent quality flamethrower.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Olight and have a T25T. I'd like to get the single AA T15 but noticed that you can get the T10 tube to convert to CR123. But you can also do it the other way around. I'd like to have both capabilities. Do you know which way works best or are the heads identical. I actually started another thread asking this very question before looking here. Anyhow just curious in case you don't see the other thread.

The Olight T10 / T15 head is the same. It functions best with 3V CR123 or 3.7V lion batteries in either CR123 or 14500 format. Better mode spacing and a higher High output.When using 1.5V or less AA batteries, there is little to no brightness change when switching between Med and High modes. I run mine with the AA size tube and a 14500 lion battery. I like the 4" length more than 3.5" when using CR123

Burgess

Flashaholic
Just to clarify . . . .

David Chow / 4Sevens / FenixStore wasn't simply a Fenix dealer ,

He was the Fenix exclusive North American DISTRIBUTOR ! ! !

:whistle:
_

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Olight T10 / T15 head is the same. It functions best with 3V CR123 or 3.7V lion batteries in either CR123 or 14500 format. Better mode spacing and a higher High output.When using 1.5V or less AA batteries, there is little to no brightness change when switching between Med and High modes. I run mine with the AA size tube and a 14500 lion battery. I like the 4" length more than 3.5" when using CR123

Thanks for the clarification. I did order the T15 with T10 body. It was cheaper for me to do it that way than the other way around. I kind of figured out with the medium and high modes almost the same level on AA battery that the mode spacings were designed with a CR123 in mind. The AA battery would require around twice the current to meet the CR123 high mode and I think we're up against AA battery current draw limitations...........just a guess.

So I'm planning on using this primarily as a CR123 light or maybe look into 14500 battery like you have. I have an iTP SA2 and love it so might look for a good deal on an SA1 as my single AA light. I love that button for changing modes.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like Olight/iTP. I did a runtime test for the Olight T25T and the iTP SA2 2AA lights run on high and medium as a comparison. Both are XP-G R5 versions. Batteries were freshly charged Eneloops. Both are very well regulated and efficient. Note the medium mode on the SA2 is a lot lower........and thus the longer run time. Of course the SA2 could be raised up to the medium level of the T25T with its infinite adjustment feature. This is just the preset medium of the iTP.

Last edited: