Is River Rock still a mystery company?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
tm-311h.jpg

Notice that the 1xAAA has no name but was packaged with a stock number of TM-310H

The 2xAAA is named Nuwai and had a stock number of TM-311H.

Do these look like the River Rock lights? Stock numbers the same?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy said:
tm-311h.jpg

Notice that the 1xAAA has no name but was packaged with a stock number of TM-310H

The 2xAAA is named Nuwai and had a stock number of TM-311H.

Do these look like the River Rock lights? Stock numbers the same?
I have never seen the packaging of the River Rock lights, but I'm sure the stock numbers are the same. Read my post above, all these flashlights are rebranded from the same factory.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy wrote: "Notice that the 1xAAA has no name but was packaged with a stock number of TM-310H
The 2xAAA is named Nuwai and had a stock number of TM-311H."

Thanks for the comparison pic Roy -
the Nuwai TM-311H looks very much like the River Rock 0.5w 2AAA - the model # T-TM311X-B

Here's Shykuang's web page on the TM-311H

I really like the looks of that Shykuang 1xAAA TM-310H - where did you get it from please?

EDIT to add -
on further searching on TM-311H I found what looks like the same light on AdvancedMart advertized as a Nuwai for $19.99 (vs. River Rock 0.5w at Target for $9.99)

Nuwai .5 Watt Pocket sized LED Flashlight W/ Clip (TM-311H) 2 x AAA

I also found the 1xAAA 0.5watt there too -

Nuwai .5 Watt Pocket sized LED Flashlight W/ Clip (TM-310H ) 1 x AAA

Last edited:

Roy

Advancedmart also has the TM-317X using 1xAA

Amondotech.com also has the lights.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy wrote: "Advancedmart also has the TM-317X using 1xAA
Amondotech.com also has the lights."

Once again thank you Roy for the helpful information.

A 1xAA - I got all excited until I saw the size/form-factor.

For now I think I'll investigate the Nuwai TM-310H 0.5watt 1x AAA - because of its handy size.

Thanks again

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
UnknownVT said:
Just a limited observation as I only have the River Rock 0.5w 2AAA (comparison review linked) bought from Target

On the back of the package the model # is T-TM311X-B
My Nuwai QIII model # TM-303X

Target's River Rock 1.5 watt LED lantern package is marked T-LT014AA and Target's 2C 1.5 watt led flashlight is marked T-ALJ112C.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
parnass said:
Target's River Rock 1.5 watt LED lantern package is marked T-LT014AA and Target's 2C 1.5 watt led flashlight is marked T-ALJ112C.
LT014AA and ALJ-112C are the part numbers from the manufacturer. Target makes them print T- in front of the part number to mention these are made for Target.

grrickar

Newly Enlightened
I am hoping that someone can help me with obtaining a River Rock LED Lantern, the likes of which they sell at Target. I have checked both of our stores repeatedly and they have not turned up (neither have any other River Rock products). Also interestingly enough, I could not find them on Target's website. Here is a link to a review of one of these: http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/riverrock_lantern.htm

If someone knows if their local Target has these, I would like two of them. I will pay retail (plus tax of course), S&H and a thank-you wage to anyone who can get me one or two of these. I'd like one since I camp a lot, and I would like to give one as a gift. If there are two to be had, I'd like to have two, else one would do.

If anyone is willing to do this, please email me at narabedla_esiw[at]yahoo[dot]com

If you have an Ebay account post them with a buyout price; I have a Paypal account and will pay the fees, else I can send a certified check from my bank prior to shipment. If you go the Ebay route please let me know before you post so someone else doesn't get them!:ohgeez:

These look really nice, and I was considering a much more expensive product until I ran across these. I suppose I will call the local store manager and beg him to see if he can get these in the meantime.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I may have to stop by Target some time tomorrow, I'll try to get them for you (hopefully they're in stock).

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH, as far as I know this is a Nuwaii "produced" light distributed under the name of "River Rock".

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
grrickar said:
I am hoping that someone can help me with obtaining a River Rock LED Lantern, the likes of which they sell at Target. I have checked both of our stores repeatedly and they have not turned up (neither have any other River Rock products)....
Be sure you are looking in the right department when you visit Target.

The Target stores are organized in an odd way with regards to flashlights and lanterns. Lights are displayed in two entirely different parts of the store. One set of flashlights and lanterns lives in the camping area. The other set of lights, the one containing the River Rock lantern and flashlights, is displayed in the home/safety area, with smoke detectors and night lights.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
parnass said:
Be sure you are looking in the right department when you visit Target.

The Target stores are organized in an odd way with regards to flashlights and lanterns. Lights are displayed in two entirely different parts of the store. One set of flashlights and lanterns lives in the camping area. The other set of lights, the one containing the River Rock lantern and flashlights, is displayed in the home/safety area, with smoke detectors and night lights.

Good point... in the local Targets here, the aisle containing the River Rock products is near the Automotive Section, at least 10 to 12 aisles away from the camping section where the other set of lights is displayed.

If you're on an aisle that contains 'Eddie Bauer' flashlights, then look for the OTHER aisle.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
Well, one thing about River Rock is for sure: They have great customer service.

I emailed them (from the page dfred posted) last night when my 0.5W 2AAA stopped working altogether, and someone named John from customer service replied this morning offering to send a replacement light.

Now that's lookin' out for your customers, right?

Fiah

Newly Enlightened
I just went to my Target ( Houston ) and I couldnt find ANY RR lights. All they had was edie bauer lights :rant:

Roy

If you can't find the RR's at your local Target, go back and read posts 21-25 of this thread. I had to get my light via the internet as there is no Target store in the town I live in. Closest Target is 40-50 miles away from me.

Fiah

Newly Enlightened
Amadeus93 said:
Even, better, check post 33...

ah thanks. Ill have to go back and check in the other section. I figured they would keep all there lights in one spot.But , Of course that would make sense.

George1

Newly Enlightened
My local Target was well stocked with RR lights yesterday. They had a full rack of 2AAA black and a full rack of 2AAA silver. In addition, they had headlamps, 2C lights, and 2AA lights. Didn't see the lantern though.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I received my replacement 2AAA from John at River Rock Designs today, and a little something extra: He threw in a keychain light in apology for the delay in sending the 2AAA. What a nice gesture. Honestly, the "delay" wasn't bad at all. What was it, two weeks? That's the best turnaround time I've ever experienced. :naughty:

Well, cheers for River Rock. Which reminds me, I still need to pick up a couple lanterns...