is this behaviour weird?

JanCPF

Enlightened
carrot said:
[snip]
I feel naked when I'm not carrying my SF G2, Mini Maglite (we have a love-hate relationship),
So you love your Mini Mag but it hates you right? :D

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
It's completely normal. In fact last I refused to turn on any of the indoor lights so I could try out my new Fenix flashlight.

sniper

Enlightened
my name is fake said:
Thank you guys.

I feel normal already.:thanks: :goodjob:

Somebody once said; "Any damn fool can cary an umbrella when it is raining, but it takes a good person to carry one when the sun is out." Maybe there is a lesson in there, somewhere, if we could only figure it out! :candle:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started carrying at least 2 lights with me at all times after the first World trade center bombing, and read stories of people walking down black stairwells using Timex Indiglo watches. Since then I have carried at least a Photon, and a 2AAA Minimag (now replaced with a River Rock 2 AA) and sometimes more. Power failires, the big blackout of 2003 and others have long since shown me how right I was, even in daylight. Heck, even to crawl under a desk to work on a computer a small White LED light (shows colors of wires better) is priceless.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
just think the other way round:
OF COURSE the people near You make some jokes, but for sure they will grab Your lights if needed, even when they had to bring their own light for the activity (say a night walk).

wijawara

Newly Enlightened
so nice for all of you. when ppl laugh, i just add them into my light ban list.

well, i do have uses for lights, im a tech job person. even if your work is not light related, it will come handy somehow. the grid dont cover the whole world, my friend.

i hv always always meet ppl in need of lights, but never bother to have one. still they are laughing at torcholics. thats also why i hide my lights in blackout until i myself need it (just for the fun of hear ppl asking for lights).

if i can see a super bright maglite in Gaza war zone (in CNN) i dont know why we shld not own a handy tool. :buddies: so, no it is not weird. just a paranoia.:bump:

my name is fake

Enlightened
wijawara said:
so nice for all of you. when ppl laugh, i just add them into my light ban list.

well, i do have uses for lights, im a tech job person. even if your work is not light related, it will come handy somehow. the grid dont cover the whole world, my friend.

i hv always always meet ppl in need of lights, but never bother to have one. still they are laughing at torcholics. thats also why i hide my lights in blackout until i myself need it (just for the fun of hear ppl asking for lights).

if i can see a super bright maglite in Gaza war zone (in CNN) i dont know why we shld not own a handy tool. :buddies: so, no it is not weird. just a paranoia.:bump:

i cant ban my wife.:laughing:

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
I feel naked when I'm not carrying my SF G2, Mini Maglite (we have a love-hate relationship), digital camera, USB flash drive, watch, and at least other thing from this list: Leatherman, Palm, iPod, or caffeine mints. Woohoo! Go-go-gadget-fiend!

My latest gear that I feel like I need to have on my person at any time includes any primary flashlight from my arsenal, any back-up flashlight from my arsenal, one gig flash drive, Kershaw knife, Garmin Vista C, Garmin Vista C users manual, HP Ipaq, HP Ipaq users manual, Ipod, Ipod users manual, ball-point pen, sharpie marker, Chap Stick, hand sanitizer, Leatherman, thesaurus, bible, comb, wallet, guitar pick, 2 paper clips, roll of duct tape, and a pack of Double Mint gum.

Good times... Good times indeed...

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are only sick if you have names for your lights.....oh wait....scratch that.... thats normal too... :whistle:

I almost always have 3 EDCs, solitare with 3x 33kmcds Li-ION, MM with a SMJLED and Li-ION, and a dorcy single AA with a TX1L NX05 DD at 950mA.
In my laptop case I carry my 2D mag (Multi wavelength optical tool) 4x LUX III's R/O, white, green, and royal blue. THIS tool came in REAL handy 2 weeks ago. I was cleaning out a LASER resonator, and was working on getting out all the dust. I found that the Royal Blue worked GREAT for illuminating foreign particles.

Like I tell my buddies, just like every tool has a specific purpose. So do flashlights. I mean, I wouldent use my LUX III DD to try and read some fine print 3" inside a dark cabinet :huh:
Think of it this way... DEFINE NORMAL!!!

Jeff

Last edited:

Travissg1

Newly Enlightened
And if someone says "Another light?! YOU ARE WEIRD!" Just get them in the face, and start telling them how many lumens are being shined into their eyes. Haha.

cbxer55

Enlightened
I have been EDCing lights for as long as I can remember, started with mini-mags in a belt holster way back when they first came out. Now I EDC a Surefire U2 and E2e. U2 usually in a belt scabbard, E2 in left front pocket. If a dress occasion, U2 in left front pocket only. Always have 2 knives on me, one standard(Benchmade Neil Blackwood) and one serrated(Spyderco Delica). Never leave home without a pistol and at least one spare magazine for it. When I dress in the morning, all the EDC stuff goes on. When I undress at night, it comes off.:whistle:

The other day I showed my U2 to my leadman. When I told him how much it costed, he rolled his eyes and did everything in his power to get it back in my hands ASAP! Did admit it was one heck of a bright light for an LED. He did not know that LEDs could be so bright.

I do not worry about what anyone thinks. My wife now asks me to borrow a light frequently. We have woods outside our back door. Last night she says, "quick, give me one of them bright lights, theres some wild dogs out back". I give her a M2 with P91, and I take out the U2. Were flashing them all through the woods. I was amazed to see the U2 was actually overpowering the M2/P91 combo. I have heard about the variability of U2s beams. Mine must be an exception, it is bright white and tightly focused. Cut through the woods like a laser beam. Both lights had new batteries, SFs. Level four on the U2 equals the E2e with new batts. GREAT LIGHT!!!

Last edited:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
coldsolderjoint said:
i recently went to a christmas party and wore dress pants, i decided to go EDC-Less for that night despite my best judgement.

About 30 minutes after I got there, my cousins start frantically looking around their house for a flashlight. For what, I dont know... but they looked pretty determined. I was shocked and appalled at myself. I knew the flashlight god's were teaching me a lesson as my cousins finally found a crappy 2d plastic grocery store light, then took 10 minutes to find batteries, and after all that work, it failed to turn on.

That was the last day I'll go EDC-less.

Haha
Always remember, Murphy is invited to any and every event.