Is this the year you will add a tri-led light to your group?

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree although I prefer the 18650 or 2x 18350 size for runtime and regulated high. .

That's the way I run mine now too.
I have the TL50 slim tube and the DB tailcap with ZRS for a twisty operation and very short length that is only 103.2mm long(just a touch over 4").
Super compact for that output.

Maxbelg

Enlightened
That's the way I run mine now too.
I have the TL50 slim tube and the DB tailcap with ZRS for a twisty operation and very short length that is only 103.2mm long(just a touch over 4").
Super compact for that output.

Sounds great! I might try it sometime, but I prefer a clicky to a twisty with 3 level dropins although the overall length is tempting. For some reason (probably emotional) I still prefer a Surefire host. I like the idea that it looks ordinary, but isn't. I ran my Torchlab LMH Nichia 219 in a 6P until yesterday when my black HA C2 arrived from Oveready. Great combo!!!

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great! I might try it sometime, but I prefer a clicky to a twisty with 3 level dropins although the overall length is tempting. For some reason (probably emotional) I still prefer a Surefire host. I like the idea that it looks ordinary, but isn't. I ran my Torchlab LMH Nichia 219 in a 6P until yesterday when my black HA C2 arrived from Oveready. Great combo!!!

Yep. It's all great stuff.
I was after a very small EDC with a lot of power.
So, I got the H3C XPG2 L/M/H Moddoolar Triple Head with two body packages, so I could support one-18350 with the Stubby body, and two-18350 with the TL50 body. In the end, I preferred the two-cell arrangement with the higher output and the full regulation.

I will admit that the Stubby with ZRS and one 18350 at 2.75" overall length is tempting to use because it's so small that way. But I'm addicted to the full output and full regulation, so I take the hit on the length and use the 4" package with two cells because I like it better.

I like the clicky too, and I have a L3N Triple head too with a TL65 and a Triad with McClicky in it for my other pocket light. It's for when I'm in a mood for a clicky and a 4500k neutral tint. A little variety. That light is 5" long.

Maxbelg

Enlightened
Yep. It's all great stuff.............It's for when I'm in a mood for a clicky and a 4500k neutral tint.........

Sounds like you have some great lights! I'm ALWAYS in the mood for high CRI, especially 4500k! I've sort of become addicted to high cri and am willing to take some serious lumen-losses because of this. I just don't enjoy using lower levels anymore if not high-cri. The max is fine but low should be high cri for me. All my cold white lights serve secondary duty only these days. What I really want of course is high cri without loss of lumens!

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Just did - Mac's Triple XP-G2 P60 module showed up today.
I see why people like the beam so much - very similar to my Groovy!, but even less hotspot. And much brighter!
Triple-Down_zpsd87a0cf0.jpg

Triple-6P-Side_zpsf2a65ab2.jpg

Triple-6P-551-On_zpsed212a9b.jpg

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Yes, got the Roche M170 as my first multiemitter flashlight. Chose it for the looks and UI. I prefer single-18650 light for their size, but wanted to have a larger one too...:)

JCD

Enlightened
I've got an unbored C3 into which I wouldn't mind putting a Nichia 219 L>M>H triple. (Alternately, a high CRI XP-G L>M>H triple would be acceptable.) If I find one for the right price that will run on 2x 17500 cells, then I'll probably give it a try.

dansciurus

Newly Enlightened
I plan to get a BTU SHOCKER, and a Macs TRI EDC both in NW within the year. Not sure how or when, or which one to get first but thats the goal. Probably end up getting the shocker first, as I currently edc a surefire fury.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Triple LED light?

Apparently YES... this is the year! :)

I've added 2 to my collection. Both are lights I modded myself.

The first is a budget 1xAA Sipik 58 clone. I rebuilt the pill so it accepts a 20mm star, also fixed the body so it's no longer a zoom light. It's currently equipped with triple 92 CRI 4500k Nichia 219. The driver is a 3-mode Nanjg 105c with extra 7135 chips added bringing output to 4 amps (1.33 amps per emitter). It works ok, but I think I'm going to swap in a different 4-mode (including moonlight) 105c driver that is running at 3 amps. This light runs exclusively on AW IMR 14500.

My second multi-emitter light is a modded Roche F12. This is a narrow cylindrical 1x18650 light. I cut down the body tube so the entire light is just 89mm long and is powered by 1x AW IMR 18350. However, I also have a spare 18650 body tube so if I need more runtime I can run it on that instead. This light contains triple XP-G2 neutral white 5000k emitters and is powered by a 5 amp driver (1.67 amps per emitter). The driver is a bit of a mystery. I bought it as a 3-mode driver and it can indeed operate as a 3-mode light. However, the driver also has a ramping brightness mode as well as multiple strobe modes... all hidden and hard to access. It doesn't help that the driver came with no instructions.

magpye

Newly Enlightened
Sure is.

Bought a Supbeam X40. This is the kind of flashlight you bring out and reply "you call that a knife?"

Turn this on at night and it becomes an OMG experience for most first timers. A mini sun, enought flood and reach to out-do 6 car headlights. Still, its big and everyone expects something great from big.

Great flashlight, awesome "infinite" levels and a magnetic charger that allows the batteries to remain in the flashlight. No removing cells to charge. I predict all flashlights will soon have this feature.

Nevertheless once all the shock and awe are over it gets stored back on the shelf. Can you believe that 3200 lumens can be too many in suburbia?

Now that I've gone through my personal lumen barrier I can now really appreciate my little Preon 1 with 10440 and 280 lumen. So tiny, so cute, so unexpectedly bright ...now that's a knife! :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Already got the Fenix TK70 and TK75. Don't know what Fenix does with the upcoming TK51, but to get around 1700lumens, you need more than one led ;)
So will see about that TK51, but most likely I'll buy it :)

david57strat

Enlightened
I picked up a Thrunite TN30, from rclumens, on CPF Marketplace, just this past month. What a great light, and very personable seller. Would gladly do business with him again.

ragnarok164

Newly Enlightened
I recently started collecting flashlights and brought the TK75 last month.

Now I am just waiting on the TK51. I hope it will use a single MT-G2 emitter instead to have a wider beam profile.