Is this the year you will add a tri-led light to your group?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TK75 is my current favorite. I am hoping Fenix will make a mark II version using 3 x XM-L2 U3 and an electronic lock-out similar to the Olight SR95UT.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first GOOD light was a Fenix TK45 and I traded it but miss it!

I absolutely see myself getting a triple XP-G or Nichia 219 P60 dropin this year!

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope.

They just don't interest me. When I need a lot of light, I want it focused and able to throw. For other purposes I've never had a need for more than about 100 to 200 lumens and would prefer the efficiency of a lower output.

scout24

Flashaholic
Brasso- Chek out member Tana's triple builds in incan E series heads over in B/S/T... I have a triple 219, and triple XP-E2, both highly recommended. Floody high-cri, or a nice throwy cone of light. :) Nobody said the triples had to be super screamers, though these are driven nicely at their high levels. Both will run on primaries, no rcr's needed but they can be used.

david57strat

Enlightened
This year, I'd like to pick up at least one triple Nichia 219 P60 drop-in, to have some fun with it.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built a couple triples last year. The first was a Roche F12 with a body tube cut down to 1x18350, powered by a 5 amp driver and equipped with three XPG2 neutral 5000k emitters on a 20mm Noctigon star. I also modded a Sipik 58 to run on one IMR 14500 powering a triple Nichia 219 high CRI.

This week my modded Convoy S6 should arrive. It's got a 5.6 amp driver powering triple XPG2 on a Noctigon direct copper star. This one has 1 cool white, 1 warm white and 1 neutral white emitter, with the overall tint blending together into a nice neutral.

I don't yet own any larger triples. Perhaps this will be the year I purchase a multi-18650 light with triple XML2s....

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my triples are DIY build based on Matt's copper dropin for P60 format lights & i must say they weigh alot but can take lots of heat too.
I have 3; a XP-E2 Cool white for max throw, XP-E2 warm for nice warm tint & a triple N219 for the best color rendition possible.

I previously used regular P60 dropin, fill them up with loads of solder till the required height, file them flat at the top before placing the MCPCB. Their heat capability pales when compared with a solid copper dropin. :D

Hot Brass

Enlightened
I have no triple emitter lights yet,but I am seriously looking at the Fenix TK75 and looking more closely at the TK75vn. Hot Brass

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't get my mind off foursevens mmu-x3.

I got one a couple of weeks ago. I guess that would make it my first triple. Of course, I still want to buy that most classic of triples, the TK70. I don't mind a big light. And I just prefer the performance of NiMH to Li-Ion.

caddylover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one a couple of weeks ago. I guess that would make it my first triple. Of course, I still want to buy that most classic of triples, the TK70. I don't mind a big light. And I just prefer the performance of NiMH to Li-Ion.

take a look at the BTU Shocker as well. A super solid, kinda heavy beast:thumbsup: