is this watch what i want?

3oni

Newly Enlightened
AFAIK the Hattori Caliber PC32 movement in that watch is not a Seiko movement.

Invicta isn't my thing, but it looks like a good bang for your buck and a Submariner homage is a timeless look.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
kik u just noticed that lol btw i thin the watch im looking for is the 1953

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1953 is a much cleaner design and looks even more like the classic submariner. You should be able to find a discussion or two about it on watchuseek forums

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sadly i saw somewhere that 1953 loses like 10 seconds per day. im to ocd for that lol

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Invicta's have seduced many a watch-lover with those classic sub lines. Looks too good to be true for under a hundred bucks right?
I've pondered them many times in sale threads and auction sites. And yes, they're all "Pro Diver" and there's a dozen variants.

The classic black dial auto sub is the model 8926. The one a few steps up from that is 9937. When you see "OB" after the model, it's original bezel. They originally had the coin-edge sub style bezel, then they came out with the smoother Omega style. OB indicates the original style.

The one you're looking at is model 26971. It's a quartz, which uses a battery. Cruising down on that site is the manufacturer part number which is the actual model (Edit: I originally posted and misidentified the model as the "9094" which is the automatic version)

Look up some reviews on the 26791 and see if it's your cup of tea. As with anything, some people report good experiences with Invictas, some people have problems. Invicta capitalizes on the sub-homage style, they've nailed that look, which is great for desk diving and dress wear, but I've yet to hear of anyone who relies on one for serious tool usage.

I'm going to throw out a recommendation for Momentum brand watches. If you like a good solid diver style quartz with nods to classic Rolex and Seiko divers but have their own unique style, peruse the Momentum watch selection. I wear an M1 Pro quartz and I love it. It's been rock solid.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out!

Last edited:

3oni

Newly Enlightened
sadly i saw somewhere that 1953 loses like 10 seconds per day. im to ocd for that lol
If that would bug you, I doubt you'll be happy with most (any?) automatic watches in this price bracket.

I adjust my Seiko once a week, and it's always a minute or two off by adjustment time.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mechanical movements in this price bracket are on average regulated to deviate from 15 to 30 sec a day. A Rolex will be off by 1-2 sec. in 24 hours. If accuracy is very important to you I recommend quartz or radio controlled quartz movements. Even very cheap quartz movements will deviate only 15 seconds a month on average, with higher quality ones often guaranteeing 5 sec. or less.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Sounds good to me. Those numbers I gave are for the cheapest of movements, many do better then that, especially today. It also depends on temperature, so it varies. May also be its radio controlled?
i was wondering if its radio controlled im not sure..but i like the watch if you set the digital times on it the watches auto sets the hands

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is Rolex movement better just because the way the second hand moves? becuase thats why i like the watch is the first post of this thread

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im a very basic simple dude well i do have a lumen addiction lol. but even my flashlights i only care about lumens and not looks. when i had cars they was always basic first car was 2 hundred bucks i payed cash for. i got teased by everyone becuase the car was so ugly.id laugh and say my car is payed for and runs great and is faster then there car lol .but it trully was ugly lol

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im driving a smart car I know what you mean. Not a big car guy myself lol. What you mentioned about the Rolex is called a "sweeping second hand". How smooth the second hand moves is dictated by the speed at which the movement "ticks", that's called the "beat". Rolex uses hi-beat movements that tick at 28.800 beats (semi-oscillations) per hour. That's 8 "ticks" per second. Its actually a very standard beat rate among swiss movements.

Today hi-beats are often considered to run at 36.000 beats per hour, or 10 ticks per second. In such watches the second hand would move even smoother. The accuracy in watches is down to many factors, but generally speaking, higher beat movements are considered to be more accurate on the wrist. A higher beat is not always desirable or useful, lower power reserves and more frequent service intervals are among the downsides.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love smart cars not many in this town most these people have big trucks never carry anything in them lol .