Issue with Olight on 18650s.takes several clicks to turn on..Olight says it is normal

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
I think I've tracked down the problem..

If I tighten the metal disk too much, the light takes several clicks to activate, but if I loosen it just a tad then it only takes one click. The issue is it tends to loosen up too much over time because it's not torqued down.

One more thing I totally forgot that I did was to pull on the spring a bit to stretch it out. Hope this helps also.

Cory S

Newly Enlightened
One more thing I totally forgot that I did was to pull on the spring a bit to stretch it out. Hope this helps also.

Mine doesn't use a spring exactly, it's a copper dowel with a spring inside of it that pushes up through the disk. I have thought about using a little tin foil or something...or maybe even a bead of solder on the tip of the dowel.

The light is now working perfectly with the disk slightly loosened up.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Mine doesn't use a spring exactly, it's a copper dowel with a spring inside of it that pushes up through the disk. I have thought about using a little tin foil or something...or maybe even a bead of solder on the tip of the dowel.

The light is now working perfectly with the disk slightly loosened up.

Cool!!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest that maybe you also rub the end of the contact point with some steel wool or a scotchbrite pad to make sure any residue from the poor connection is gone

Cory S

Newly Enlightened
Well, I bought three M31s to use as Christmas gifts. One had the same issue mine did. One more worked okay for a few minutes then quit. The third never worked at all.

Guess it's time to switch brands.

UPDATE: Olight contacted me about the defective lights I purchased for Christmas gifts, and is helping to expedite replacements. It's nice to see they read the forums.

Last edited: