It disgusts me all the Surefire military lights on ebay for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warmtint

Banned
I have to say it disgusts me all the Surefire lights for sale on ebay that are obviously being hocked by former serviceman or whomever. This stuff was paid for by you and me the American taxpayer and now it is all being sold for profit on Ebay. I am trying to figure out why it was approved for all these GIs to take this equipment home as opposed to their rifles and helmets and such? so who exactly approves the practice of tking this equipment home and since when does a helmet or weaponlight become personal property? is the M16 considered personal property? then why would the attachments to this weapon be considered such? I ask this as we are in a deficit of about 16 Trillion dollars and noone seems to have a problem with military personell deciding what is take home gear and what is not take home gear.

This is disgusting fraudulent behaviour and noone seems to give a flying **** as we all wail and moan about a deficit in the TRILLIONS!!

Yu want to know where the dineros are going? Go check out Ebay you moron. and shame on you supposed "service men " . I dont give a damn what you think you deserve that is tax payer funded gear you are profiting from and it should be reissued to new recruits .

we need to get back to the basics people and wake the hell up pronto !!!

go ahead and try to justify this behaviour and look in a mirror

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik1213

Enlightened
I just looked through three pages of auctions and only two specifically stated that the lights were used military issue units.

Besides, I doubt it's a few overpriced lights driving the national debt up.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I have to say it disgusts me all the Surefire lights for sale on ebay that are obviously being hocked by former serviceman or whomever.

Evidence for your above statement? What do you mean by whomever? You start by saying "all the Surefire lights" and finish up saying "former serviceman or whomever". Both statement can't be correct.

Norm

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It makes sense in circular way; as a taxpayer I paid for the flashlight, so I should have the opportunity to get it back if the soldier doesn't want it anymore. That's fine if the grunt wants to take a cut, I'd rather give it to him than the surplus store.

Economy-wise, I'd wager the amount spent on equipment for all soldiers isn't even close to the cost of a single stealth bomber. Remember that these are the same guys who have to get body armor and decent shoes mailed to them from relatives..

Monocrom

Flashaholic
It makes sense in circular way; as a taxpayer I paid for the flashlight, so I should have the opportunity to get it back if the soldier doesn't want it anymore. That's fine if the grunt wants to take a cut, I'd rather give it to him than the surplus store.

Economy-wise, I'd wager the amount spent on equipment for all soldiers isn't even close to the cost of a single stealth bomber. Remember that these are the same guys who have to get body armor and decent shoes mailed to them from relatives..

Heck, there's another aspect we're forgetting. We're assuming that the SureFire lights were all issued. I believe quite a few were mailed over along with those decent boots and other items included in care-packages.

Soldiers are trained using SureFire G2 models. When the training is over, they have to give back those lights before being deployed. Then, the typical soldier either gets issued nothing in the way of a good light; or might end up with an old-fashioned angle-head model if issued one at all. Only specialized units get issued quality lights. Having been trained with a G2, it's likely that some soldiers ask their family to get them one and send it over in the next care-package. So, you can have a SureFire light that a soldier relied upon, brought it back with him, and it is actually his light. If he decides it's no longer needed, and sells it; that's fine.

Stream

Enlightened
I likewise don't see the big deal of soldiers selling their lights on eBay. As has been pointed out, these lights may not have been issued to them. And even if they were, I don't see how you can begrudge them getting a few extra dollars out of the deal. Who knows, they may be struggling to provide for their families in this economy. It's hardy the reason your country has a $16 trillion deficit. There's been a lot of talk here on CPF in the past of donating lights to servicemen; well, if some of them are in fact selling their service issued lights, consider it your donation.

Gauntlet3D

Newly Enlightened
warmtint

I defend your right to say things like this with my life.

I have been given surefires, knifes and Gerbers that I will never return to anyone. They are mine. I consider it a small perk.
In some jobs you might get a bonus, in the last 17 years of service I have recieved 2 combat knives 2 surefires and 2 gerbers. They were issued prior to 2 of my deployments. I think the military issues these items so we have good working gear when we need it. These are not durable items. They wear out and become un-usable after a while. Your comments are hurtful and uncalled for. I feel sorry for you, your ignorance and your lack of appriciation.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen an incredible surge in helmet lights on the bay, lots of M9xx lights as well.

I would consider it a bonus to the soldiers who put their lives on the line to keep up safe.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your service. :bow:
I don't see a thing wrong with them selling anything, they only put everything on the line for us and for what.....................minimal pay, spouses and families struggling to keep their homes, cars and food in their bellies while in country...........

warmtint

I defend your right to say things like this with my life.

I have been given surefires, knifes and Gerbers that I will never return to anyone. They are mine. I consider it a small perk.
In some jobs you might get a bonus, in the last 17 years of service I have recieved 2 combat knives 2 surefires and 2 gerbers. They were issued prior to 2 of my deployments. I think the military issues these items so we have good working gear when we need it. These are not durable items. They wear out and become un-usable after a while. Your comments are hurtful and uncalled for. I feel sorry for you, your ignorance and your lack of appriciation.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Enough said. The OP has provided no evidence for his rant, thread closed - Norm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.