ITP SC1 Eluma....

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shark ,

Thanks for pointing that out ,

"Included in the package is a reverse clicky switch and a lower boot to work with it."

That's a nice touch, they supply a short boot & switch and an extra normal boot too .

It's inside the carry pouch , which I didn't even open till you posted the info .

My wife is playing with both the SA1 and SC1 , right now. She says the side switch on the SA1 is stiffer. (which it is) She uses her multiple EDC's constantly .

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
So please tell me how you like it man so i can put my order in with shiningbeam right now...will you be able to post up a beamshot as well.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay thanks.....i guess thats good enough for me man.....going to send shiningbeam an email now.

rje58

Enlightened
Do I detect a trend? More of the new lights coming out with smooth refectors instead of OP? Why is this? Doesn't make sense to me....? Any ideas?

For the price im really thinking of getting the SA1 and the SC1......too bad they dont come in an OP reflector.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess there trying to make the light a little thrower....but with a smooth reflector comes and ugly beam....thats why i want to see pics....guess the only way is to order them both. I do prefer my lights with an op just because of the smooth beam.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
grr! you're on cpf, but not on AIM!

I got the SA1, and the beam is completely smooth. the light has a SMO reflector.
surprising. :)

rje58

Enlightened
SharkZa, what say you? I interpreted your comments about the hot spot being brighter at the edges as indicating that your beam was not very smooth...?

I got the SA1, and the beam is completely smooth. the light has a SMO reflector.
surprising. :)

shark_za

Enlightened
I will attempt a picture later today.

The beam is not totally smooth, it does have a dimmer spot in the middle but not like an Maglite.
Mine seems to be slightly off centre and I can see the corona of the beam is a little bigger on the one side.

The balance of throw to flood is good, not as focussed as the iTP C7 but not as floody as my favorite L1Tv2
Spill is wide.

O-rings seals the lens, where you unscrew it too.
Little touches are nice like the rear is a few mm bigger than an AA to easily drop a cell in but 10mm into the tube it steps down to a tighter fit.

Ooops, dont fiddle too muck with the emitter, that black cover with the two holes in it is not a threaded piece, twisting it broke the contacts off the star that is just sitting inside there. Beamshots will come once I dig out my soldering iron to fix the wire I broke.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SA1 (AA) model is deep enough to , and does take a long Protected 14500 , which is best to use when you can. And it's much brighter than with an Alkaline . Equal in brightness to SC1 with R-CR123 .

That's another reason I got these - cause they can both take rechargeable Li-Ions (4.2v)

Does anyone understand how the pocket clips are attached ? Can the tube be unscrewed from the head where the clip comes out ?

It would , however , roll forever without the pocket clip , and the direction makes it usable on a hat brim .

The hotspot does have a brighter ring around it , so it is not even in brightness. (but no Saturn exterior rings)

I do wish they would make orange peel reflectors available for all these S models .

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but no....I know there popular with other cpf members but they really never caught my eye.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have ITP lights and the T10 and T15 olights......but there half smooth and half op.

Last edited:

Latest posts