ITP SC1 Eluma....

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 x switch = twice the failure rate possibility?
perhaps.. then again, the one at the head is a momentary tactile switch.. those don't break often, and don't take much current though them. likelihood is slim.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for the late pics....getting ready for the holiday. In these set of pics im using an AW 14500 right off the charger......i noticed that at the higher voltage you can see a dark ring in the middle of the spot which doesnt really effect real world outside use.....if its on ya your going to use it right. This is by no means a comparison with the lights at all so please dont think that......i like the smooth beam of the T15 and the looks and feel of the ITP SA1. The ITP is brighter using the 14500 and it seems to dissipate the heat well.

p1050939.jpg

p1050940.jpg

p1050942.jpg

jiantbrane

Newly Enlightened
How does the build quality of this compare to the C8? I see that ITP specifically mentions the Eluma being water and dust resistant and complying with MIL-STD-810.

Any other thoughts on comparing the two?

Thanks

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
The build quality is on par with the C8.....im begining to love the mode switch on the SA1. The clip is also sturdy, but it doesnt come off. For the price you get a high quality holster and lanyard and like i said before in the above posts another switch and boot for tailstanding capabilities.

hawk8945

Newly Enlightened
Has anybody looked at the SA2 ordered it late last night from shiningbeam and Bryan sent the email confirming ship today awesome turn around. It is my way of trying to show my brother that other people make flashlights other than surefire... nothing against surefire just my brother is all about surefire nothing else, i had a surefire until I lost it and didn't want to replace it for all that cheddar. Fought him on leatherman and gerber for years... eventually he came around. Will iTP hold up to being used regularly in a fire department environment? So just wondering about the SA2 2xAA. Does anyone have any suggestions on battery set up? Sorry for all of the noob questions always looked at the forum just finally joined and started posting.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest using rechargeable nimh.......so this way your not going through batteries. Its going to be a nice light indeed....just like single cell lights.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Li-Ion rechargeables in both the SA1 and SC1 make them much brighter.

These lights are good medium range throwers too for their small size ( out to 150 ft ).

The reflector can be removed for total wide flood like a ZebraLight too .(for up close work)

I don't know what the run-times are for each ?

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool cant wait for the reviews to come out....love reading them even if i dont have the lights he's reviewing. Yes it does make a good thrower, i noticed that when i first got it. I never thought about removing the reflector though, try that out tonight to see how i like it.

hawk8945

Newly Enlightened
So I have had the light for a week or so and I have to say I am impressed so much that it impressed the Surefire go my brother. Everyone at the fire department thinks it is pretty slick even my assistant chief who just got a surefire thanks to my brothers instructions. Oh well just wanted to say I love it.

shark_za

Enlightened
I would not say they are the same.

It can take at least 5 seconds to get the right power level on the iTP C7/C8.
With the SA1-2 you can get to the common used low-med-high in a hurry.

And at the same time you retain the C7T forward switch with a "hidden" strobe if you want.
It really is the best of both worlds. C7R/T. A single mode mini forward clicky tactical that can be a general use EDC or late night tool with the simple press of another button.
No waiting for ramping up or down but this remains an option if you want that specific balance between power and runtime for a specific task.
I found I just used the low-high a lot.

Beam pattern is also better IMHO.

I'm probably going to replace my L1Tv2 with the SA1 in my pocket every day as soon as I get the LED centred again. I broke the little centring plastic and I'm awaiting a replacement.

travelinman

Enlightened
I would not say they are the same.

It can take at least 5 seconds to get the right power level on the iTP C7/C8.
With the SA1-2 you can get to the common used low-med-high in a hurry.
That's what memory is for. Most of the time I want it on high, as I have my Preon for low light needs. When I do need it on med or low, or more often strobe, I don't think I've ever needed it in less than 5 seconds. (strobe is almost instantaneous when needed, 2 clicks)

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another factor i like about the light is the changeable switches.....it comes with a forward clicky and also a reverse clicky for tailstanding, for the price of the light and what you get for i like it.

Deal4

Enlightened
I have had the SA1 for a few weeks now and even though I wasn't expecting alot because of the low price, I have to say I really like this light!:thumbsup:
It is small enough to fit in my pocket, yet is really bright and has decent throw! I like that they still use the XP-E instead of using the XP-G.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a good all around light. I will be buying from iTP again!:)
O yeah, the beam profile isn't perfect, but plenty good for real world usage. I am very pleased.

chris626

Newly Enlightened
Hello, i have a sc1 and i need to get a new pocket clip for it, i cant find anywhere to buy just the clip by its self, does anyone know where i can ge tjust the clip without having to buy a whole new light? Thanks.

Sardo84

Newly Enlightened
Hi to all. I wanna buy one of this Eluma SC1, (1x CR123), what is the best emitter for this light, the XP-G R5 or the XP-E R2? Anyone has tried all the 2 versions? can anyone explain me the differences between the R2 and the R5? (I see that both of versions came with smooth reflector)
Thank you!

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Hi to all. I wanna buy one of this Eluma SC1, (1x CR123), what is the best emitter for this light, the XP-G R5 or the XP-E R2? Anyone has tried all the 2 versions? can anyone explain me the differences between the R2 and the R5? (I see that both of versions came with smooth reflector)
Thank you!
The R2 version has a more throw than the R5 but the R5 is rated for more lumens. R2 has a tighter beam and the R5 is more flood. Hope that helps :)

Latest posts