It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for sharing those pics TCY! Is there any comment on the performance of the light or tint?

TCY

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing those pics TCY! Is there any comment on the performance of the light or tint?

Unfortunately no, I wish the lucky adopter would take his new light when it's dark and crank out some beamshots:popcorn:

Swede74

Enlightened
A few more pictures I found here

(Google translate)

zl1.jpg

zl2.jpg

zl3.jpg

zl4.jpg

I think (but am not 100% sure) credit should go to "Torch King" forum user Kevingod1/Kevedod1.

Last edited:

geokite

Newly Enlightened
One of the best looking AA lights I've seen, with amazing specs.

Steve

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice amber color

thanks for the link, it includes this pic
34453623041_68dcc5b75b_b.jpg

neutral white tint promising

Im looking forward to a CRI test by maukka
there is an 83CRI model, and a 93CRI model. don't know what the pics are from

I guess you may easily distinguish high CRI emitter by yellow phosphorus layer covering the entire chip. Its dome is not entirely translucent as well (has phosphorus "dissolved" in it, creating a yellow "haze").

Last edited:

Nichia!

Banned
Judging by looking at the LED it will be beautiful tint:)..

I wander if we can see a HI Version?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess you may easily distinguish high CRI emitter by yellow phosphorus layer covering the entire chip.
I do not know if the 4500k 83CRI and the 4000k 93CRI LEDs look the same or different from each other
that photo could be of either LED, the SC5c or the SC5w.. both have more amber phosphors than the Cool White, which looks greenish in the above photo

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
The waiting for beamshots and tint reports is agonizing... and waiting for my light to be shipped. Hopefully next week it does!

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know if the 4500k 83CRI and the 4000k 93CRI LEDs look the same or different from each other
that photo could be of either LED, the SC5c or the SC5w.. both have more amber phosphors than the Cool White, which looks greenish in the above photo

The left LED has phosphorus layer extending beyond the dome -- even the corners of the chip are yellow. This is a high CRI emitter.

At least this is a photo of MT-G2 EasyWhite:

300x200_mt-g_gen2warmsideangle_no_background.png

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Oh I kinda forgot I ordered this thing! April 30 came and went. Watching my email for a notification...

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh I kinda forgot I ordered this thing! April 30 came and went. Watching my email for a notification...

I checked with Zebralight and they said US orders, as usual, would ship about 10 days after the international ones. We should be seeing notifications early next week... I added the priority mail too so I don't have to wait as long lol. How do you like the design of the new one based off early pics?

markr6

Flashaholic
I checked with Zebralight and they said US orders, as usual, would ship about 10 days after the international ones. We should be seeing notifications early next week... I added the priority mail too so I don't have to wait as long lol. How do you like the design of the new one based off early pics?

I like what I see! Sometimes subtle changes make a big difference. I think I'll like this body a lot better than the SC5.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking these will be shipping to US customers this Monday or Tuesday based on some recent releases. I imagine their shipment came in over the Friday/Saturday timeframe and they'll start shipping them out Monday or Tuesday. I could be wrong... but really hope so! Surprised no one on here international has received one yet.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like what I see! Sometimes subtle changes make a big difference. I think I'll like this body a lot better than the SC5.

What settings are you planning to go with for the 3 modes? I'm considering keeping the high mode as the single click but having 79 lumens as H1 and 236 lumens as H2 since those would be my most used high settings. I'd probably leave low stock but with a lower L2 level. For the double click, medium, maybe just have the 475 turbo and 352 as M1/2. It's hard to figure out what the best setup would be since I like high as the single click and low and press/hold.

Swede74

Enlightened
I placed an order for a SC5c with nkon.nl today. The estimated shipping date (from the Netherlands) is May 19. That tells me that dealer(s) in Europe expect to receive their lights by the end of this week.

markr6

Flashaholic
What settings are you planning to go with for the 3 modes? I'm considering keeping the high mode as the single click but having 79 lumens as H1 and 236 lumens as H2 since those would be my most used high settings. I'd probably leave low stock but with a lower L2 level. For the double click, medium, maybe just have the 475 turbo and 352 as M1/2. It's hard to figure out what the best setup would be since I like high as the single click and low and press/hold.

It's hard to say at this point, but the low and medium will likely stay as is out of the box. H1 and H2 sound nice at 352lm and 236lm (or 144?) since the 475lm doesn't seem practical to me, even as a quick burst. I'm sure it would end up getting used more than I think, leaving me with a half dead battery or worse most of the time.

Latest posts