Jetbeam booth got smash inthe first day IWA show...

fyrstormer

Banned
That's too bad. I have a Nitecore flashlight and am very happy with it, and although I don't have one I've only heard good things about Jetbeam lights. I hope everything gets sorted out because it's always a good thing when consumers can have multiple quality options available to them.
That is a reasonable and respectable perspective. Sadly, around here there are a lot of people who never forgive a brand once something has happened to upset them.

Personally, I own about 9 Jetbeams and I'm happy with all of them. Never had to return one for service.

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Sysmax (currently operating under the Nitecore brand) used to be the distributor for JETBeam. They had a disagreement over some issues, some of which I'm sure we will never hear about, but one of the things was that Sysmax registered the EU trademark for JETBeam without JETBeam corporate's knowledge while JETBeam corporate got it for the rest of the world. JETBeam corporate brands the JETBeam products as Niteye in the EU for this reason. It's too bad they are still fighting, because they both make good products.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Sysmax (currently operating under the Nitecore brand) used to be the distributor for JETBeam. They had a disagreement over some issues, some of which I'm sure we will never hear about, but one of the things was that Sysmax registered the EU trademark for JETBeam without JETBeam corporate's knowledge while JETBeam corporate got it for the rest of the world. JETBeam corporate brands the JETBeam products as Niteye in the EU for this reason. It's too bad they are still fighting, because they both make good products.

Wow! A Distributor registering the name of the company who supplies its products to it?? No wonder JETBeam is upset. (To put it mildly.)

That was a scumbag move on Sysmax's part.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
perhaps something to do with them toting the niteye brand that so blatantly ripped off the spy 007?

Well, they certainly lost any credibility with me after that move. :thumbsdow

There is a lot of copyright infringement in the industry and many times we look the other way. No doubt there are some badly written patents and probably even some ideas that shouldn't have been granted patent status. But they way Niteye copied the Spy 007 and then wrote up their marketing claiming credit for having conceived and designed the entire thing - disgusting.

If this video is any way related to that issue then it serves them right!

GoingGear.com

Enlightened
Wow! A Distributor registering the name of the company who supplies its products to it?? No wonder JETBeam is upset. (To put it mildly.) That was a scumbag move on Sysmax's part.
Well, I think they were the exclusive distributor, so I'm not sure who was supposed to be responsible for all that. Maybe they had an agreement about working on it together and then had the falling out that led to the separation of the companies. Who knows. I'm sure we'll never know the whole story.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well, I think they were the exclusive distributor, so I'm not sure who was supposed to be responsible for all that. Maybe they had an agreement about working on it together and then had the falling out that led to the separation of the companies. Who knows. I'm sure we'll never know the whole story.

Very true. But a distributor is still a distributor. I find it hard to believe that JETBeam couldn't find another one. If there was a contract to be the sole distributor, JETBeam could have simply waited until the contract expired. Sysmax to register it as their name while just a distributor is like your best employee coming to you and saying that he named your new-born baby. Named her "Hagatha" after his grand-mother. Oh and by the way, that's the name he put down he put down on her birth certificate. So her legal name is actually one he picked out. So, for the time being, you're stuck with it.

For Sysmax to do something like that.... What sort of disgusting, pathetic, petty, joke of a human-being is in charge of the company? Seriously.