JETBeam JET-I MK-II X?

Gnufsh

Enlightened
fineday said:
Errr...That problem is, MK-II's body tube is too short to "touch" the copper ring inside of the head...so that the power - can not reach the head. ( is it clear?...:ohgeez: )

Simply add a metal gasket ( a thin object shaped like "O", is that "gasket"? ) and there will be no problem.
Very clear description. Good job.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
reason i buy jetbeam mk2 of fenix l1dce.... it can use li-ons, so i can have a 180 lumen light the size of a chapstick... that'd be awsome,,, and i can always dim it down if i need that.. .the l1d ce doesnt regulate with li-ons, and it only has one level with 14500s... so, that's why the l1d ce is inferior.

-David

Perfectionist

Enlightened
thiswayup said:
The problem with this theory, oh business genius, is that a higher quality product may COST more. I'm sure Porsche would sell more 911's if they were priced like Golfs, but they *would* go broke.

So instead people market products aimed at different niches and levels of the market. The Fenrix is more affordable than the JetBeam, but it's said to have had poorer optics and second rate beam quality by comparison. Offering a higher quality product at a higher product price is a reasonable strategy if that's what Emilion has suceeded in doing.

As to whether he has - well, no one will really know until people have got the lights. Why not just wait for the light to ship, buy it if it's worth it, and not add to the hassle that he must be feeling by telling the poor guy how to run his business?
I bet you work for General Motors ..... no wonder they are going broke !!

Lexus gave Mercedes and BMW a heart attack with the "better quality, same price" approach as indeed do most of the Japanese Auto industry who are leaving US manufacturers on the verge of bankruptcy ....

It doesn't take a business genius to make a car worth 100K and then sell it for 100K .....

Anyway, if JetBeam could manage to sell the MkIIx at a similar price point as the Fenix ..... they wouldn't be chasing a niche ..... they would own the entire market .....

Nobody is telling anybody how to run their business as customers wanting things to be cheaper and more competitive is all part of business ..... I'm sure that if JetBeam is ambitious enough, they are more than capable of rising to the challenge !!

NetKidz

Enlightened
fineday said:
Errr...That problem is, MK-II's body tube is too short to "touch" the copper ring inside of the head...so that the power - can not reach the head. ( is it clear?...:ohgeez: )

Simply add a metal gasket ( a thin object shaped like "O", is that "gasket"? ) and there will be no problem.

From the dealer's description, I think the tube is too long or the PCB in the head is too deep? He said it needs a magnet or spring under the battery to raise it a little to make contact.

kanarie

Enlightened
Emil has said that this will be a bit more expensive than the existing MkII... that means around $80 with shipping.

I think that I will find it difficult to justify the new Jetbeam versus the L1D ($50) given the price difference.
Indeed and what to think about the difference with the $30 shipped for the rexlight

No.10

Newly Enlightened
thiswayup said:
The problem with this theory, oh business genius, is that a higher quality product may COST more. I'm sure Porsche would sell more 911's if they were priced like Golfs, but they *would* go broke.

So instead people market products aimed at different niches and levels of the market. The Fenrix is more affordable than the JetBeam, but it's said to have had poorer optics and second rate beam quality by comparison. Offering a higher quality product at a higher product price is a reasonable strategy if that's what Emilion has suceeded in doing.

As to whether he has - well, no one will really know until people have got the lights. Why not just wait for the light to ship, buy it if it's worth it, and not add to the hassle that he must be feeling by telling the poor guy how to run his business?

I don't think that you can compare the immense difference in quality and performance between a Porsche 911 vs VW Golf to the very small difference in quality and performance of the Jetbeam MkIIX vs Fenix L1D. The Porsche justifies the price difference, the Jetbeam does not IMHO.

BobbyRS

Enlightened
No.10 said:
I don't think that you can compare the immense difference in quality and performance between a Porsche 911 vs VW Golf to the very small difference in quality and performance of the Jetbeam MkIIX vs Fenix L1D. The Porsche justifies the price difference, the Jetbeam does not IMHO.

I'm not getting into the car/flashlight comparisons here, but I believe this can only be decided on an individual basis due to preferences, sacrifices, and generally what the individual wants out of a flashlight for what they are willing to pay. However, I will be the first to tell you that a price can even be too high for me regardless of how much I like/love the features, manufacturing, etc... and the light itself. But that deciding factor for price being too high mostly comes from not having the finances for the purchase :grin2: . Yes, that desire is what drives my flashaholism :laughing: ..... or maybe that wasn't so funny. Ok, now I am depressed. I think I had a point in there somewhere.

Anyway, for example, I really like just about everything with the L1D-CE and the JET-I MK-II X. They basically are the same light with a few different features. I have a preference for using 14500's in my AA lights (usually use an AAA light for mostly everything and use the AA for when I need max light) and it appears (in specs) that the JET-I MK-II X will regulate up to 4.2v input (so you shouldn't lose levels). That is a huge plus and deciding factor for me on which to purchase. Plus the fact that the Jetbeam lights usually have superior beams with clarity for white with no visible rings. I personally like the UI on the L1D-CE better, but that is something I am willing to sacrifice due to my other higher priorty need.

Delta447

Newly Enlightened
+1 on that. I'll pay the extra $ for the extra regulation, better beam quality and ability to add the AA extension tube. Also, since the purchase of my original MK-II, my desire for more SF's and HDC's has pretty much evaporated. So I believe I am coming out ahead in the end.

BobbyRS said:
I'm not getting into the car/flashlight comparisons here, but I believe this can only be decided on an individual basis due to preferences, sacrifices, and generally what the individual wants out of a flashlight for what they are willing to pay. However, I will be the first to tell you that a price can even be too high for me regardless of how much I like/love the features, manufacturing, etc... and the light itself. But that deciding factor for price being too high mostly comes from not having the finances for the purchase :grin2: . Yes, that desire is what drives my flashaholism :laughing: ..... or maybe that wasn't so funny. Ok, now I am depressed. I think I had a point in there somewhere.

Anyway, for example, I really like just about everything with the L1D-CE and the JET-I MK-II X. They basically are the same light with a few different features. I have a preference for using 14500's in my AA lights (usually use an AAA light for mostly everything and use the AA for when I need max light) and it appears (in specs) that the JET-I MK-II X will regulate up to 4.2v input (so you shouldn't lose levels). That is a huge plus and deciding factor for me on which to purchase. Plus the fact that the Jetbeam lights usually have superior beams with clarity for white with no visible rings. I personally like the UI on the L1D-CE better, but that is something I am willing to sacrifice due to my other higher priorty need.

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
mchlwise said:
It's in the "rumor" stage.

As far as I know, Emillion has not actually acknowledged it's going to be made. It's kind of a general understanding that it will be, but there hasn't been any announcement or anything sorry for double post.didn't know if first try went through..

Last edited:

naturelle

Newly Enlightened
fineday said:

Yes, it's very clear. But what about the 2AA-extension-tube? The extension-tube has to fit on the AA-tube and not on the bezel directly. Does this work?

Miracle

Enlightened
it would appear that Singapore has a lot of torch light worshippers

the MK2x is sold out and next shipment will be in March

:ohgeez:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Miracle said:
it would appear that Singapore has a lot of torch light worshippers

the MK2x is sold out and next shipment will be in March

:ohgeez:

is emil sold out?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
any new info on this light fineday. i ordered one and am i anxious to see how bright it really is on li-on.

hanshanson

Newly Enlightened
fineday said:
There might not be "couple of months" before MK-II.X comes out, what I heard was it would appear "in a few days" :D

*Something about the Standby Mode*
Flashlight in that Standby Mode will strobe very slowly. I don't know how is the rate of MK-II.X, but on my C-LE ( some C-LEs have this function ), it will strobe every 4 seconds at a very low output. It is said that this mode will help indicating the light.
( I wonder if other people can understand what I am saying...:candle: Still I don't know how to introduce something...)

I got my MKIIX a week ago. And in my opinion this STANDBY MODE is useless . In STANDBY MODE mine will strobe every 4 seconds or even longer , So waiting in the darkness and looking for instantaneous flashing is so hard to me. Maybe phosphor is more suitable for daily use.

evh

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any pictures or beamshot comparisons? :huh:

fineday

Newly Enlightened
evh said:
Do you have any pictures or beamshot comparisons? :huh:
:grin2: HERE are many reviews and pictures about MK-II.X, but they are all in Chinese. However that's not a problem, only pictures are enough.