JetBeam RRT-3 issues

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Believe it or not, I had a similar experience. Mine quit working as detailed above so I sent it back and got a replacement. When I tested the new unit (different flashlight) it began t smoke behind the lens, staining the reflector. After two failures in a row, I requested aa refund, which I have been told I'll receive (just sent it back tuesday).

Hearing that I'm not the only one who has had multiple failures, I question if this is a design problem.

Good grief... looks like this mess is really gonna get messy :poof::sick:

cchurchi

Enlightened
I just ordered one from Bugoutgear USA. It is currently back ordered, so when it does arrive, it will be from the most recient batch. I am hopefull that these issues have been addressed in the most recient versions.

If not, I have full confidence that bugout gear will resolve whatever issues may arise, as I have had great experiences with them in the past.

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Well I am not as upset as I was yesterday.. I have no problem with their customer service, real issue is that this light seems pretty unpredictable.
What a shame, to be honest it was a good light.. I liked all the features on it.. But these multiple failure issues makes it not dependable :shakehead
I really do hope they fix all the issues in the newer batch, but I guess we just have to wait and see..
Now I gotta get this problem resolved once and for all. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened
I am the person who purchased the light that has been discussed. The seller (CSI 304) has been top notch threw this episode. He is an honest person and has done what he can with Jetbeam. To update, the light has worked very well these last 2 days. I used it last night and I had no problems with it. On another note, I purchased a new RRT-0 and it would not work consitantly. It would intermittantly go on then not work and when off it would flicker and remain on low beam power when turned off. The dealer promptly got back to me and it is apparently known that a battery with a starting voltage of slightly more than 3V may cause some problems and when the voltage drops below 3V the light will function normally. This seems to be the case as the light has been perfect after the first 10 minutes of use. I'm really not sure what to do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your understanding! All parties (JB USA/Me/Mark) has been on top of their game in getting this issue resolved. :cool:

Mark Mck

Newly Enlightened
I received a message from Flavio today. He advised that the light was tested extensively before being shipped back to Dave(CSI304). He advised that one of the 18650 batteries may not have been fully charged and this might have set off the protective circuit. He advised that I also try some CR 123 batteries. If it malfunctions with the CR 123s, he said I should send it back to him for replacement. Thus far the light has been excellent except for the first 10-15 mins of use. I really like this light!! Two nights ago we had kids on a couple of motorcycles tearing up and down trails a quarter mile behind our house along a river. These trails are on our property and I am always concerned someone might get hurt as these trails are heavily wooded. I turned my RRT-3 on high from our back door and lit up the trees along the river like a hugh spotlight. It was impressive to hear the motors go off and then start up in the distance down river as they exited back onto a paved road.:twothumbs I have no problems if people use the trails during the day but it is dangerous tearing threw the cover at night. In summary, I think I have a keeper in the RRT-3!:)

Last edited:

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
That's good news Mark, glad you like it. As for me, I should retrack what I said about JB in the earlier posts. No point editing those old post now, it is what it is.... :whistle:

Anyhow I am glad all is in good working order :popcorn:

KTW39

Newly Enlightened
Could it have anything to do with different size 18650s?... I asked a question about 18650 sizing in another thread, but I can't find it. :confused:. Thanks.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never expect JB's customer service
they are arrogant enuf to ignore u
mad71.gif