Job specific 2xAA flashlight for $15-25

only1asterisk

Newly Enlightened
I need anexpendable flashlight for work.
Preference is for 2xAA do to the ability to use alkaline in a pinch althoughI'm considering lights with other battery configurations. Form factor is veryimportant.
The light needs to be about 1x6" to 1.25x7" no matter what battery.Prefer 1 piece tube.
It needs enough power/throw to annoy people from 150-200' away through 2 or 3layers of heavy reinforced glass. Previous light was 100-120 high and about25-30 low. This was adequate. Distinct preference for 2 mode tailswitch.
Durability important, appearance not so much. Soft Al and bad anodizingexpected at this price point. Heavy knurled/textured grip a distinct plus.
Robust zoomies accepted Romisen RC-27 lasted about 1 year. Would like to get 2years.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Balder SE-1 with extension could work. The Rayovac Indestructible is also a nice throwy light and if you are in the US, you should be able to find it at Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

Who are you lighting up behind layers of reinforced glass?
If you need the light to keep you safe, I'd up the budget if possible and get a more durable light, or at least one with a great warranty.

only1asterisk

Newly Enlightened
The light is 80% for signaling/attracting the attention of coworkers in the poorly designed prison at which I work.

only1asterisk

Newly Enlightened
1.5" is a little wider than I'd like, but length isn't an issue. It will go in on my belt or vest.

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
I know this is a little bit out of your price range ($32.85) but the Fenix E21 is a heck of a nice light.

I had one for a few years and ended up giving it to a friend of mine who was impressed by it. No doubt that it should last well over 2yrs. It also fits into your size criteria. No doubt in my mind that it would be money well spent. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Andy13186

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam PA20 is nice but i think they are like 45 on ebay

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to say the EagleTac P100A2 with the R3 xp-e, but that is slightly outside your price range.

jonathanhong

Newly Enlightened
Have you looked at Streamlight ProTac 2AA? It might be slightly outside your price range, but perhaps you can find it on eBay.

Wtlj

Newly Enlightened
Where did you find the E21 so cheap I'd like to buy one for that price?

violatorjf

Newly Enlightened
Sport Chalet $26.20 sale price with free shipping.

Wow, thanks for the info! This place has a few really good sales on Fenix at the moment, not to mention a Surefire G2 incan for just $29.95 :eek:

At those sale prices I'm getting an E21 and a G2 :twothumbs

Gotta add this site to my favorites...