Job with plenty of flashlight usage?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
What job could I get where I would have a reason to use a light of my choice? Bonus if it pays 15-20+ USD per hour?

I finally got a year in for the resume/CV and bad leadership at my workplace will be here soon.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
Security is where my lights got the most use. Mechanics and welding were probably second. I'm not an electrician but I do a fair amount of wiring and that usually requires turning the power off and using a portable light source.

If you have underground transit the maintenance guys always seem to have a beat up light with them. The elevator/ escalator techs always have a nightstick light with them so that might be worth looking into.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe if I was a con artist.

When it comes to jobs you could be using a halogen Welch Allyn penlight to examine some small holes as a gynecologist but you would have to get your undergraduate degree, MCAT, get a medical degree, get a medical lic, complete a residency programme, become board certified, and complete fellowship training.

I'm looking more for something with minimal experience and more time using a light than doing paperwork.

I called up some security firm and will try that route but I have quite the interesting CBC.

ghostguy6

Enlightened
When it comes to jobs you could be using a halogen Welch Allyn penlight to examine some small holes as a gynecologist but you would have to get your undergraduate degree, MCAT, get a medical degree, get a medical lic, complete a residency programme, become board certified, and complete fellowship training.
Na you just need to promote yourself as new age, homeopathic all natural ect....

drunktank

Newly Enlightened
Elevator mechanic here (we work on escalators too).

I carry 2 lights on me at all times and use both on a daily basis. A small floody light that clips onto my hat or hard hat and also a handheld with high candela.

iacchus

Enlightened
190821_poster_img_1-1-768x432.jpg

The Hawk

Enlightened
I retired from a career in law enforcement. Even working day shift, it was amazing how many times I needed my flashlight. Lots of houses we went in either had no electricity or no lights in some rooms. Plus, it's nice to have a bright light with you when searching for folks with warrants, as they tend to hide in dark places.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
What job could I get where I would have a reason to use a light of my choice? Bonus if it pays 15-20+ USD per hour?

I finally got a year in for the resume/CV and bad leadership at my workplace will be here soon.
Security, doing foot-patrol working 3rd shift.... Yes, I get to use my lights often.

I retired from a career in law enforcement. Even working day shift, it was amazing how many times I needed my flashlight. Lots of houses we went in either had no electricity or no lights in some rooms. Plus, it's nice to have a bright light with you when searching for folks with warrants, as they tend to hide in dark places.
It's always dark in the back of the closet. That's one of the reasons I started carrying a flashlight - Even during the day, it's dark somewhere.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense intended to the OP, however, he has mentioned in past posts about being a "felon" and about his time in jail

Jobs in Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS are not likely to hire a "felon"

Attachments

• 2023-07-24 - illegally carrying a firearm.jpg
    2023-07-24 - illegally carrying a firearm.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 24
  • 2023-10-03 - Jail isnt even a punishment anymore - more fun than church camp .jpg
    2023-10-03 - Jail isnt even a punishment anymore - more fun than church camp .jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2023-10-23 - out robbing houses with a MagLite 3D .jpg
    2023-10-23 - out robbing houses with a MagLite 3D .jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 27

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, that no-hire status extends to Security as well. Honestly forgot that letschat7 had openly admitted that fact regarding his life to us. Realistically, an old non-violent misdemeanor conviction from several years back is going to be overlooked. But any felony conviction, won't.