just got ZL sc51, have a question

fannin

Enlightened
Is there any chance yours is an SC51w or SC51c and the gift one is an SC51 (cool white) ? The cool white is brighter than the neutral SC51w, while the hiCRI SC51c is significantly less bright than either (but more effiicient on the lower settings).

why do you guys always think no one knows what they're talking about? it's like when i say that the ld10 r4 is brighter than the ld10 r5 and everyone assumes i'm an idiot, it's got nothing to do with the manufacturer claimed output, i've got the lights, (and there's threads on that going around here) and the ld20 r5 is much brighter than the ld20 r4, doesn't make any sense considering the ld10's but it's fact, because i have the lights, so i can see

no there's no chance that they are different models, i wouldn't buy an sc51w or a low output hi cri, the tint on both these regular ones is perfect. how would i not know what i'm buying man?

fannin

Enlightened
I've been EDC'ing the SC51 for two weeks now in the side pocket of my jeans. It's so small I don't even notice it's there, but still large enough that it's useable with winter gloves on. Some have reported the light accidentally turning on in the pocket unless the tailcap is locked out. So far I haven't had this problem, but I will keep an eye on that.

yeah it's really good for that, i always know when there's an ld10 clipped to my pocket, this thing is much better, almost don't know it's there, very nice size. if i carry this thing for a year and it doesn't break or glitch out, i would recommend it highly. it does turn on in my pocket

SoulLessGinger

Newly Enlightened
why do you guys always think no one knows what they're talking about? it's like when i say that the ld10 r4 is brighter than the ld10 r5 and everyone assumes i'm an idiot

Because people's perception of brightness vary greatly. And generally it's the floodier lights that you hear your complaint about. Especially when tested outdoors against a light with less output but now throw.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
why do you guys always think no one knows what they're talking about? it's like when i say that the ld10 r4 is brighter than the ld10 r5 and everyone assumes i'm an idiot, it's got nothing to do with the manufacturer claimed output, i've got the lights, (and there's threads on that going around here) and the ld20 r5 is much brighter than the ld20 r4, doesn't make any sense considering the ld10's but it's fact, because i have the lights, so i can see

no there's no chance that they are different models, i wouldn't buy an sc51w or a low output hi cri, the tint on both these regular ones is perfect. how would i not know what i'm buying man?

Did you read what I said ? "Is there any chance yours is...." isn't saying you are an idiot at all.

You were asking for help, I was trying to help you without making any assumptions about your level of knowledge about lights. In case you didn't know, we get lots of newbies asking for assistance, and it is difficult to help without sometimes appearing condescending. Anyway, with that attitude I'm done trying to help, you can sort out your problem with your light without my (unpaid and unwanted) assistance
:thumbsdow

Last edited:

fannin

Enlightened
Did you read what I said ? "Is there any chance yours is...." isn't saying you are an idiot at all.

You were asking for help, I was trying to help you without making any assumptions about your level of knowledge about lights. In case you didn't know, we get lots of newbies asking for assistance, and it is difficult to help without sometimes appearing condescending. Anyway, with that attitude I'm done trying to help, you can sort out your problem with your light without my (unpaid and unwanted) assistance
:thumbsdow

i appreciate your response but if you thought i was asking for help i wasn't

it's an old thread which i was just giving an update to, confirming that i have had 2 sc51's with quite different outputs on high/high, for reference or whatevs, not asking for advice, you probably misread/misinterpreted what i meant/didn't have a clue what was going on, i forgive you

fannin

Enlightened
Because people's perception of brightness vary greatly. And generally it's the floodier lights that you hear your complaint about. Especially when tested outdoors against a light with less output but now throw.

i get that but the ld10 r4 is actually considerably brighter than the r5, kind of been proven

Myrakas

Newly Enlightened
I had similar experience. My old Nitecore D10 R2 did outthrow SC51, also D10 had whiter white than SC51. Though SC51 illuminates wider area and is more floody...

Latest posts