Just. One.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alrighty, I have many lights from many manufacturers. I have eight SureFires, eight Fenix, many Inova, Streamlight, and even some custom lights. My choice?

The Fenix P2D Q5 :duh2:

cv3po

Banned
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH !!! :duck::faint:

I guess my tusty LOD. With a 10440 it keeps up with the big boys and it can still use NiMH's or E92 lithiums for versatility. Great beam, great tint and is small enough to ALWAYS have with you and can even be strapped to a headlight band. Great overall light!

dulridge

Enlightened
If it can be modded with different bodies, I'd go for the most reliable one possible.

Which means a twisty with minimal or no electronics. More things to go wrong otherwise.

So it depends on the basic platform.

I work indoors in a hospital so rarely-never need to spot stuff a mile or two away. While my office is about 500 metres from where I actually work, all of the distance is indoors so crazy throw is not a necessity.

So I don't need a huge head for silly throw.

So the Orb Raw with a range of bodies is still it.

No switch to go wrong, it's a twisty.

If the multi-level bit goes wrong, well I still have maximum output and I'm allowed to make new bodies for runtime or availability of whatever cell/cells are on sale.

For that matter I can make new heads though I think that's violating the spirit of the question. Depends on what "Just. One" means.

Personally, I'd say that means, "Just One Stock Light"

But it's still the Orb Raw for what I do.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think Id pice my novatac.It is my favorite UI ,and Ive tried many!!!:p

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire E1L Dual level Cree.

It is small enough to carry at all times, is solidly built, and throws far enough for my walks at night in a rural setting. Good balance between brightness and a long battery life.

Cheapskate

Enlightened
My Nitecore Defender.

I use a torch mostly to provide illumination from a few centimeters to a couple of meters and the NDI does this admirably, allowing me to adjust the output to suit. The NDI will go to 50m+ also, which is enough for me. I made an accessory so it will tailstand and provide red light so it now satisfies all my current lighting needs.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I get lifetime warranty and loss replacement with identical light? If so Spy005 Ti.

Luckily I get all the headlamps I want, right?
:D

FrankW438

Newly Enlightened
Wow. That's a tough question. If the switches on the Fenix LxD weren't reverse-clickies, I would choose one of those. The reverse-clickie just isn't practical for tactical use. However, I am beginning to appreciate the different modes. I just got my Fenix L2D delivered today, and I really like it quite a bit, except for the switch.

But I guess for now I would have to go with my H2X Typhoon (Gladius clone). Different modes for different uses, momentary switch, tactical grip. It pretty much handles all my needs. If it were smaller, it would be my EDC for off-duty, also.

-- Frank

momonbubu

Newly Enlightened
errr, i want to say novatac 120, but i dont have it, so i will say Fenix p2d q5.....

Giandi

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
If limited to lights I already own, +1 to Fenix P2D.

If I could go out and buy a new one just for this purpose, price now not being an object, I'd probably consider the Fenix TK10 and just put up with having a holster, even though its nerdy, because its so cool.

Last edited:

alanagnostic

Enlightened
My "rest of my life light" hasn't been invented yet. If I had to choose one that I currently own it would be an HDS U60. I'm guessing that the new Ra Twisty will be my choice once I get one. Versatile and bulletproof and will do 95% of what I need it to do. What more could I ask for except some future, more-efficient LED?