• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

ven

Flashaholic
thanks, I realize theyre not the best shots. but agree with all here that k60vn is awesome light.

Hey the look good to me, k60vn is an awesome light, not best at any single thing but great at all. My pics are on a phone as too much of a pita to set up the d2x, would take me forever but have the gear.........n no idea:p Luckily one of rachels jobs is a pro tog, so she could always help one time and get a tripod x2 set up!

edit- she said she would love to :thumbsup:

Madison holding it

Tripods and luck, friday up to now if no rain

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey the look good to me, k60vn is an awesome light, not best at any single thing but great at all. My pics are on a phone as too much of a pita to set up the d2x, would take me forever but have the gear.........n no idea:p Luckily one of rachels jobs is a pro tog, so she could always help one time and get a tripod x2 set up!

edit- she said she would love to [emoji106]

Madison holding it

Love the family participation. :2 thumbsup:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome photo . When i got my ssvnT yesterday my youngest one said, dad is that your third largest light? Referring to rc40vn and k60vn before it. I had to think twice before saying yes but so cute how the kids are keeping track of my collection!

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast

edit- she said she would love to

Should be good stuff :twothumbs

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a softball field:

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474597413.132553.jpg

K60vn
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474597430.657186.jpg

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474597455.853240.jpg

SsvnT
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474597761.607300.jpg

Rc40vnF
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1474597561.006338.jpg

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice photos liteboy! When you mentioned your lineup of lights in the other thread I thought you must have gone walking with a wheelbarrow. Looks like you took the kids and made it an adventure. Good job! [emoji106]

I have to laugh that they are all running around. When I take my kids night hiking they just want to run around whilst I strobe them with an uber thrower like the K70vn. I miss the simple things that we enjoyed as kids now that we have to be responsible adults! [emoji3]

ven

Flashaholic
Great pics, could have a midnight softball game ,if you don't mind standing there wielding the rc40vnF :D

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for the kind words. Yeah rc40 lights up the field! K60vn is super impressive throw and as others have said, throw any further and you need binoculars to see what you're lighting up. The ssvnT was also impressive while my photos were less flattering of its abilities. Really like this "budget thrower" - oh, and I had it running protected orbtronic 18650s since I ran out of high drains. Don't know yet if it makes a difference in output.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
... The ssvnT was also impressive while my photos were less flattering of its abilities. Really like this "budget thrower" - oh, and I had it running protected orbtronic 18650s since I ran out of high drains. Don't know yet if it makes a difference in output.

Don't be too quick to change batteries in the SSvnT. My son had unprotected batteries that not only rattles, but the light would turn off if he held it vertically. I got him the longest, protected batteries I could find (Panasonic B's) and the light works silently & perfectly.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice beam shot pics liteboy, you did good. That RC40vnF is very impressive.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
The ssvnT was also impressive while my photos were less flattering of its abilities. Really like this "budget thrower" - oh, and I had it running protected orbtronic 18650s since I ran out of high drains. Don't know yet if it makes a difference in output.

Glad to here you got one out of WTS-FDT. Still waiting on mine but then I do live in UK.

Yes High drain IMR 18650 batterys will make a difference in any Vinh light that has his own driver. You should see a good increase in output over protected cells. As MAD777 pointed out maybe cell length could be an issue in this light.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't be too quick to change batteries in the SSvnT. My son had unprotected batteries that not only rattles, but the light would turn off if he held it vertically. I got him the longest, protected batteries I could find (Panasonic B's) and the light works silently & perfectly.

Ah, good to know. I'm glad I can put some older batteries to good use.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to here you got one out of WTS-FDT. Still waiting on mine but then I do live in UK.

Yes High drain IMR 18650 batterys will make a difference in any Vinh light that has his own driver. You should see a good increase in output over protected cells. As MAD777 pointed out maybe cell length could be an issue in this light.

I really like the form factor of this light plus the handle adds a nice uniqueness.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Looking on Vinh's site, only one version of this is available now - I felt sure there were two. What was there ever a 5000K version?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking on Vinh's site, only one version of this is available now - I felt sure there were two. What was there ever a 5000K version?
There was, some time in the past, also this: K60vn - XHP70 Dome on CW, 4814.3 lumen, 163130 lux, 807.77 meter throw.

You can email Vinh and ask him. I am sure he can get you set up with a custom item as you wish. :)

Latest posts