• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

K60vn - First XHP70 Thrower

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking on Vinh's site, only one version of this is available now - I felt sure there were two. What was there ever a 5000K version?

Yup, just email Vinh what you want, he can put about any XHP70 in this light. It's a good light, I have 2.

Minimoog

Enlightened
Thanks - this will be my next Vinh light - but I do like 4500-5000K best so will ask him.

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sand vs Black
e0fd472b245f11b4b97123dd22ca02b2.jpg

If both are still available you also have a choice of sand or black colors.

flybird

Newly Enlightened
If both are still available you also have a choice of sand or black colors.

I love the beam profile of K60VN , eventhough I already have a sand color , I still want a black too but with a diferrent LED.
Just curious that Can K60VN be equipped with XHP35 ?

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the beam profile of K60VN , eventhough I already have a sand color , I still want a black too but with a diferrent LED.
Just curious that Can K60VN be equipped with XHP35 ?

That would be a K70vn

flybird

Newly Enlightened
K70vn then you'll have 2 different beam profiles. K60vn still my favorite:) IMO

Speaking of dedicate thrower, I am more interested in TN42vn more than K70vn,
Just wonder how the beam would be with XHP35 in OP reflector of K60VN. :)

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of dedicate thrower, I am more interested in TN42vn more than K70vn,
Just wonder how the beam would be with XHP35 in OP reflector of K60VN. :)

I do know the K60vn driver is for 6 volt led so the 12 volt XHP35 would also take a different driver. I'm thinking you'd have to find a K60 reflector and put it in a K70.

ven

Flashaholic
x65 and have 5x xhp35 HI's although smaller reflectors...............The OP would smooth the hot spot/corona transition and probably be 250-300kcd at a guess. The actual spill would look dim in comparison to the k60vn's 5000 ish lumens as well. The k60vn offers best of both worlds imo and prefer it over the k70vn regardless of not throwing as far................just a perfect all round useful beam.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I made a new video revisiting the K60 SD. The footage here shows off the K60 SD extremely well if I don't say so myself. It is not the K60Vn but rather a stock light that I shaved the dome off of myself. It lacks the precise centering from Vinh as I didn't have the patience for figuring how to do that. The point is, K60 with SD is a freaking monster. The chatter ends at the 5 minute mark if that bores you. :) I'll have more walks like this with other flashlights. I think next will be X7VN. Thanks guys.

View on YouTube site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If8W3BMFTnc

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
This item is the most important light that I have not yet acquired. I have the TK 75 vnQ70 instead. I will eventually have to add this to my collection, if only based on vens glowing recommendations.

ven

Flashaholic
I am yet to hear of any dissapoint yet mr buff, a worthy addition to your ever growing collection. But instead of a speciality in throw or flood, look at it as an all rounder instead. A very nice 5000lm beam that can be used for decent durations. When sometimes the real big boys maybe inconvenient due to size/weight , this could be a go to light for you(all be it not that small! but a happy medium) . You have a K70vn so you know the size well:)