Kansas or Midwest Get Together????

I'm ready to lock in Friday, it just works better for me anyway.

All right. Let's do it. It's official, FRIDAY is the day.

We'll meet at the Hooters at 105th and Metcalf at 6:30, then we'll head off to Shawnee Mission Park after we check out the lights under the allure of extracurricular scenery. ;) I'm bringing The Torch as one of the "fun" lights. Don't forget: everybody bring a giveaway item ($30 or less in value) for the hat drawing. Gonna be a fun time! :D

bhuber

Newly Enlightened
All right. Let's do it. It's official, FRIDAY is the day.

We'll meet at the Hooters at 105th and Metcalf at 6:30, then we'll head off to Shawnee Mission Park after we check out the lights under the allure of extracurricular scenery. ;) I'm bringing The Torch as one of the "fun" lights. Don't forget: everybody bring a giveaway item ($30 or less in value) for the hat drawing. Gonna be a fun time! :D

I'm in! Friday works better for me now as well!

Troy you will appreciate that one of Roy Williams former Jayhawks will be over at my house Saturday for dinner :)

bhuber

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, he's a buddy of mine. Former neighbor that just moved out of our hood. They are coming over for dinner and to meet our new daughter, Mia, which makes number 3 for me.

bhuber

Newly Enlightened
Awesome! I remember Jeff! Where you gonna put a guy, what, 6'10", in your house? :D Can't wait to hear the details. He a friend of yours, I take it?

Here is proof he fits in my house, along with my other "famous" neighbor. "Think NBC Action News" Morning Weather. The other guy is just non important haha

3446846456_778125cd8c.jpg

Snow

Enlightened
Well done, son! :D We might have to give Officer Richard a flashlight. Hell, even our $30 freebie lights that we're gonna give away would do more than their cheap-#$% M@gs. :crackup:

This is all very good. We need to really nail down the date now. Seems that Friday night is, indeed, going to work for all of us. Snow, you sure as hell had better be there. :D Griff, we must have your unconditional "Ill be there" on Friday night, if, indeed, we decide on Friday.

Damn right I'm gonna be there. Only death or dismemberment will keep me away.

Damn right I'm gonna be there. Only death or dismemberment will keep me away.
Death, maybe. Dismemberment: only a slight delay would be acceptable. :D

OK, fellas, to clarify:

This particular Hooters is located right off the exit there at 435 and Metcalf. It's actually 10620 Metcalf. It's in a beige-colored strip mall on the west side of Metcalf with a Chartreuse Caboose on the side nearest the road. I'll tell the girls to look out for ya. :naughty: 6:30 pm is the meeting time, and after we see all the goodies in the light we'll go fire 'em off at Shawnee Mission Park. General Secretary brighterisbetter will bring directions from the restaurant to the park. We'll just caravan out there and split from there when the time's right. Not sure about alcohol there in the park. Probably NOT allowed, especially since our friendly neighborhood crime prevention experts may be swinging by for a looksie.

Snow

Enlightened
Death, maybe. Dismemberment: only a slight delay would be acceptable. :D

OK, fellas, to clarify:

This particular Hooters is located right off the exit there at 435 and Metcalf. It's actually 10620 Metcalf. It's in a beige-colored strip mall on the west side of Metcalf with a Chartreuse Caboose on the side nearest the road. I'll tell the girls to look out for ya. :naughty: 6:30 pm is the meeting time, and after we see all the goodies in the light we'll go fire 'em off at Shawnee Mission Park. General Secretary brighterisbetter will bring directions from the restaurant to the park. We'll just caravan out there and split from there when the time's right. Not sure about alcohol there in the park. Probably NOT allowed, especially since our friendly neighborhood crime prevention experts may be swinging by for a looksie.

Dismemberment: I'll be no more than 90 minutes late.
Death: I will haunt you guys, at least until somebody vaporizes me with a hotwire.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, i'm all ready. I just finally finished test fitting a little light that I have been sitting on the parts for almost a year. And i've got my Everyready Captain all charged up and ready to go!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid I've only met griff and arewethereyetdad in person, so if you show up and don't recognize where we are, I'm the guy with a buzz cut and either wearing a red-checker patterned short-sleeve or grey fleece pullover.

Snow

Enlightened
Sounds good. I look about 17 and will probably be wearing a UMKC Med t shirt unless I find something else clean.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the pics I took with the phone were pretty lousy so I'll let those with an actual camera post the bulk of the photos.

I'd say there was well north of $15k worth of lights right there. Anyone want to take a stab at a more accurate figure?

Last edited: