• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Kavelight P60 Headlamp

diggy64

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad I got in on this last run - this rig is amazing! If anyone is on the fence, do not hesitate.

miscottca

Newly Enlightened
Kavelight P60 Headlamps Still Available?

Jonah (aka DirtyCaver) convinced me that the Kavelight was the way to go to replace my Sten which ended up in the bottom of a harbour (drunken dingy passengers...)

So I've got 2 questions:

1) Do you have any still available for sale?
2) Is there a handy cheat sheet anywhere to help decipher the options for the P60 dropins since the breadth of choices is such that it's hard to decide how to configure it...

Cheers,

Mark

parkdc44

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Do you have any of these lights left? If so, please count me in. I will pm you as well, as I have some questions.

kevinm

Enlightened
Re: Kavelight P60 Headlamps Still Available?

Jonah (aka DirtyCaver) convinced me that the Kavelight was the way to go to replace my Sten which ended up in the bottom of a harbour (drunken dingy passengers...)

So I've got 2 questions:

1) Do you have any still available for sale?
2) Is there a handy cheat sheet anywhere to help decipher the options for the P60 dropins since the breadth of choices is such that it's hard to decide how to configure it...

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Ouch! Stens are pricey!

1. Yep! @, I think. :)
2. I haven't made one yet, but I could...You choose the following
a. number of modes and brightness of modes
b. mounting type (blade mount or hard mount bracket)
c. cable length (helmet or pocket)
d. number of connectors on the cable
e. cable type (high current, not recommeded for caving; or tough)
f. voltage (I prefer 3.7V because I can program dropins at that voltage)

Or you can just pm me and we can talk through it.

Glad to hear Jonas is having fun with his!
Kevin

parkdc44

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, this is one adaptable headlight! Never seen anything like it. You've definitely put a lot of thought in; and I like it! My first question is what do you mean by---- d. number of connectors on the cable---
Are you asking if we want a connection between the headlamp and battery box or none at all?

Also, may I choose the same options as you listed above? If they are all already made up, please let me know what you have available. Thank you.

parkdc44

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry I can't pm you as I don't have the required posts yet to pm anyone. sorry

kevinm

Enlightened
Whoa, this is one adaptable headlight! Never seen anything like it. You've definitely put a lot of thought in; and I like it! My first question is what do you mean by---- d. number of connectors on the cable---
Are you asking if we want a connection between the headlamp and battery box or none at all?

Also, may I choose the same options as you listed above? If they are all already made up, please let me know what you have available. Thank you.

Thanks! d. Yep. If you are feeding the cable through a helmet, it's easier to have the connector. If not, that's one less thing to go wrong. :)

Yep; these are bespoke items. You choose your features, then I build it!

Kevin

kevinm

Enlightened
Hi all,

Well, that last semester was a mess! Thanks you all for your patience. I have 4 headlamps left, but I think 4 people have claimed them On that list of people who want them, I have

Keith H.
Mark S.
David P.
John G.

If you are still interested, please let me know soon. I'm going to start building again next week. If you are not interested, also, please let me know. There are some locals asking about them too.

Many thanks!
Kevin

kevinm

Enlightened
Hi all,

Well, that last semester was a mess! Thanks you all for your patience. I have 4 headlamps left, but I think 4 people have claimed them On that list of people who want them, I have

Keith H.
Mark S.
David P.
John G.

If you are still interested, please let me know soon. I'm going to start building again next week. If you are not interested, also, please let me know. There are some locals asking about them too.

Many thanks!
Kevin
:candle:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mines still going strong!!

Still waiting on the new Mattaus triple for my next spot module.
Probs do tripple XPE2 @~5-6amps.

The 3.5a XML 4000k is working well as a flood.
I've got a van quad w 4000K XPE2 4.2a as the spot still but I think it would throw a bit better if it were driven harder.

Eventually I'd like to have a custom flood module made in the same size as the insert but put of solid aluminum :)

No problems with the little white connector - solid as a rock even in rain.

intensekarst

Newly Enlightened
Any recent news on the availability or new batch production of the Kavelight?looking to replace my old NOVA (speleo technics) and Apex.........

kevinm

Enlightened
Any recent news on the availability or new batch production of the Kavelight?looking to replace my old NOVA (speleo technics) and Apex.........

2 left (one kinda on hold for you). :)

Speleo Technics!??! I haven't seen one of those in a while! Responding to your email...

kevinm

Enlightened
Yep, there are two left. Send me a PM, if you like. Also, note that the PM and thread notifications have been a little unreliable lately. :)