$$$ keeping you away from what light?

scsmith

Newly Enlightened
Price is keeping me from getting an Elzetta. Durability is important for me, but at nearly $200 it's just too much.
You can get a base model ZFL-M60 for $160 from Primary Arms. I know the Malkoff M60 has an optic, and cost slight more than the M61; but I'm still not convinced an ElZ is worth $60 more than a turnkey MD2 direct from Malkoff. Taking a closer look, the ZFL-M60 and the MD2 are both Type III hard anodized, but the MD2 has a larger ID allowing it to run 18xxx cells that the ZFL-M60 can't fit.
I have been looking at Elzetta's website alot also, but with a couple of P6's already just keep talking my self out of getting the card out of the wallet.
I tend to agree. I bought an ElZetta in the market place here to see what all the hype was about. It's nice, but it's nothing spectacular. It's just another Malkoff host that happens to be built really well, and has nice hard anodizing. Much of their ruggedness comes from that Malkoff module. Thankfully one of my friends is an ElZetta fan, so we worked out a trade on it. For the price of a new ElZetta I'd rather spend the same $ or a little more to get a type III HA 18mm bored 6P host from Oveready plus a drop-in of my choosing. Even if I grabbed a Malkoff M60 to go in it I'd then have all the functionality / durability of the ElZ, the ability to run 18mm cells, and still be able to use all the de facto standard SF P/C/Z parts.

Albert56

Newly Enlightened
The Deft X is certainly tempting, but I just can't shell out that kind of money right now. I also have a big problem with delayed gratification - I could hardly wait for my TN31mb to arrive, and that only took about 6 weeks! I have a pretty nice assortment of big guns now and for the time being I'm more into smaller, cheaper "pocket rockets" like the TX25C2 XM-L2, etc. Still, the compulsion never ends...

Z-Tab

Enlightened
Though I want one, I feel that the Firefox HID is too expensive at $280... but that doesn't stop me from thinking that other lights are bargains at $300+. It's not necessarily the cost of the light for me, as much as wanting to understand exactly what it is that I'm paying for.

yliu

Enlightened
If i would have unlimited money, i would have all the flashlights on earth!

But otherwise, I'd get a Polarion HID first if I got the money.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Though I want one, I feel that the Firefox HID is too expensive at $280... but that doesn't stop me from thinking that other lights are bargains at $300+. It's not necessarily the cost of the light for me, as much as wanting to understand exactly what it is that I'm paying for.

I'm not a HID expert, but if you ever get a chance to see one of these in person, I'd highly recommend it. I have the FF3 (40W) and simply cannot believe the quality and quantity of photons this thing throws out there :eek:oo:

The FF4 should be released next month ... same price, but high/low switching & 60 Watts :eek:

Here's a link comparing FF3 to the ($2000+) PH40 -

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...xes-FF3-vs-Polarion-PH40-Beamshots-comparison

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Want a Dam Tri EDC, but that one will really sting if/when I finally pick one up. But good heavens are they sexy. :drool:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in on the McGizmo Haiku lust boat as well. Having never spent more than $150 on a single flashlight, $450+ is way out of my budget. I know a lot of people fawn over them even after purchase, but I still feel like the price would bother me too much... unless I had a major boost in disposable income. I thought maybe one day I'd pick up a used one, but they hold their resale values extremely well. In any case, I'm patient...

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me in on the McGizmo Haiku lust boat as well. Having never spent more than $150 on a single flashlight, $450+ is way out of my budget. I know a lot of people fawn over them even after purchase, but I still feel like the price would bother me too much... unless I had a major boost in disposable income. I thought maybe one day I'd pick up a used one, but they hold their resale values extremely well. In any case, I'm patient...

If you have enough lights, you can do what I did. Sell your unused ones and buy the Haiku!:poke:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
My limit was $100, then i fell in love with Macs EDC. That was $300, i thought i was done until my heart was drawn to a MM fatty, $600, then i found a beautiful custom MM, and voila $1100 was my new max.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
At what $ do you start second guessing yourslef and back away from a purchase?

$10 and above for me. I did just splurge on Malkoff drop-ins so it means I have to forgo my coffee and drink the office stuff, and lunches under $5 ...

What light do you now want, but just keep talking yourslef out of?

SC600 Mk2. Luckily I can always find a reason, but if the warm version comes out, I'll be in trouble ...

buds224

Enlightened
I would really like a Lux-RC FL33, 18650 body. My frugality kicks in right around the same as the OP. Adding to the price, the waiting list and shipping time deflates my trigger finger as well.

ITF

Newly Enlightened
My maximum limit are €400,-. For that reason a PH-50 will be a dream that never come true... :)

Maybe some time later the chance will come...

So long

ITF

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have enough lights, you can do what I did. Sell your unused ones and buy the Haiku!:poke:
Yeah, I do see the merit in that, if you've got enough lying around to sell. The lights I'm not using wouldn't sell for very much... So, I'll just have to save up. Or start a charity drive. "Please contribute to the Haiku fund, and bring some quality light into a person's life!" (TM) ;)