Kershaw Damascus quality?

PaMtnBkr

Newly Enlightened
I've recently seen some Kershaw knives on sale that feature Damascus blades. The pricing seems really low in comparison to other Damascus blades from other makers and I was curious as to the quality of Kershaws Damascus blades since I have always loved the look of Damascus blades? I am also a firm believer in the whole "If it looks to good to be true, it usually is" rule. I am considering a Damascus Leek as my EDC but wanted to make sure this was a good choice? Thanks.

RobME

Newly Enlightened
I've recently seen some Kershaw knives on sale that feature Damascus blades. The pricing seems really low in comparison to other Damascus blades from other makers and I was curious as to the quality of Kershaws Damascus blades since I have always loved the look of Damascus blades? I am also a firm believer in the whole "If it looks to good to be true, it usually is" rule. I am considering a Damascus Leek as my EDC but wanted to make sure this was a good choice? Thanks.
It's like anything on the price / quality scale - generally - and in this case (and from personal experience) you're making a good choice. Kershaw source theirs from Alabama Damascus, http://www.alabamadamascussteel.com/. You're not buying 'junk', if that's what you're worried about. You're not buying Rolls Royce quality either.