KL7 thread size?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
That would be the Surefire KL7, 5 watt LED light? Is it the conversion head, or the whole L7 flashlight? It's so hard to remember back to 2003. :)

The conversion head seems to be for the Surefire 8AX body.

Dan

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking to buy this and wanted to look at having an adapter or custom body made. It is my understanding this bezel does not lego with other parts.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I want to know the size and tpi for the connection between the body and bezel.

I know the threads are square cut on the body and in the head. I measure 10 TPI and the thread ID is 1.02 with an OD of 1.118. Sort of confusing but I would guess a 1.125 outer diameter was the initial starting point. Reminds me of some type of standard acme thread pitch and size.

Last edited:

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the threads are square cut on the body and in the head. I measure 10 TPI and the thread ID is 1.02 with an OD of 1.118. Sort of confusing but I would guess a 1.125 outer diameter was the initial starting point. Reminds me of some type of standard acme thread pitch and size.

Thanks!

precisionworks

Flashaholic
That would be the Surefire KL7, 5 watt LED light? Is it the conversion head, ...
The conversion head seems to be for the Surefire 8AX body.
Dan

The KL7 is made for the 8AX or 8NX body as an LED upgrade for the original incan bulb. The question is: Does the 8AX/8AN have the same body threads as the L7? The easiest way to verify fit is either to measure an 8AX/8AN male threads or measure the internal threads on the KL7 conversion head.

That's a pretty old head with a 5 watt Luxeon LED. When you add the cost of having an adapter made & having the emitter/driver swapped out it may be more attractive to go another route.

Latest posts