Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would never even dream of taking such an action .... much respect, Sir. Well done. 👍👍
I ended up getting a good deal on this, like real good deal. Couple screws were stripped so I had to dremel a slot to remove with screwdriver, ordered a new set of screws from CRK and then I decided to smooth out the stonewash finish when it was apart. Very happy with results. I would easily do it again. Went with 280, 600, 1000, and 2000 grit. I didn't want a mirror finish, just wanted a nice smooth raw looking metal. If I bought a brand new one, I'd probably leave it alone. This was scratched up pretty bad

Attachments

• IMG_0453.jpeg
    IMG_0453.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    669.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    552.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0465.jpeg
    IMG_0465.jpeg
    560.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0464.jpeg
    IMG_0464.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0463.jpeg
    IMG_0463.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0456.jpeg
    IMG_0456.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0455.jpeg
    IMG_0455.jpeg
    477.9 KB · Views: 44

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Love the Inkosi @ilikeguns40 ! Stunning job!!

Along the same lines, I recently had a similarly 'breath-holding' adventure in resurfacing my Zero Tolerance 0562TI. It's such a perfect knife in virtually every way - at least for my use anyway - that I have put up with the one downside - slippery scales - for years. (I work with hydraulics and things can get pretty oily at times...)
Finally the slipperiness, especially the difficulty getting it out of my pocket, got to me and I found myself trialling another beefy knife to replace it. It didn't work out, as the clip broke and I nicked myself with it, and then ended up trying to modify it... You know you're chasing your tail when that sort of thing happens. So I took a long hard look at the ZT over a cup of tea, and decided to have a go at DIYing it.

I tested various dremel bits and Whink rust remover, and then laid everything out, and had at it for several hours with a ball-end bit and a lot of patience. It's an expensive knife, so I was sweating marbles and holding my breath, but it came out absolutely phenomenally well. Just the right amount of grip, and no 'whoopsies' along the way.
However it looked like a drug dealer's knife, it was that shiny after all the dremel work... So I prepped it and gave it a 5 second dip in the Whink, which dulled it back to a perfectly businesslike matte finish.

In my mind it's now pretty much the perfect knife. :party:

IMG_0326.jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg
IMG_0794.jpeg
IMG_0797.jpeg

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love the Inkosi @ilikeguns40 ! Stunning job!!

Along the same lines, I recently had a similarly 'breath-holding' adventure in resurfacing my Zero Tolerance 0562TI. It's such a perfect knife in virtually every way - at least for my use anyway - that I have put up with the one downside - slippery scales - for years. (I work with hydraulics and things can't get pretty oily at times...)
Finally the slipperiness, especially the difficulty getting it out of my pocket, got to me and I found myself trialling another beefy knife to replace it. It didn't work out, as the clip broke and I nicked myself with it, and then ended up trying to modify it... You know you're chasing your tail when that sort of thing happens. So I took a long hard look at the ZT over a cup of tea, and decided to have a go at DIYing it.

I tested various dremel bits and Whink rust remover, and then laid everything out, and had at it for several hours with a ball-end bit and a lot of patience. It's an expensive knife, so I was sweating marbles and holding my breath, but it came out absolutely phenomenally well. Just the right amount of grip, and no 'whoopsies' along the way.
However it looked like a drug dealer's knife, it was that shiny after all the dremel work... So I prepped it and gave it a 5 second dip in the Whink, which dulled it back to a perfectly businesslike matte finish.

In my mind it's now pretty much the perfect knife. :party:

View attachment 58953View attachment 58954View attachment 58955View attachment 58956
Looks great! Excellent job.

iacchus

Enlightened
Nice pen, probably one of the best ones I've seen yet. What emitter you got in that HDS?
Thanks! It's a new favorite of mine. It and the carved NTI are pretty much my every day.

Thats the SDR50. I've got Nichia in so many other lights at this point, and the HDS is a workhorse, so 5000K and high CRI is a perfect fit for that one. The extra few lumens are appreciated too.

iacchus

Enlightened
A Sebenza as a "Beater" knife. Love that!
I've worked no other knife as hard as a Sebenza. I've got one over a decade old I've put through hell. It ate it all up and asked for more, still looks great to boot. When CR named them "work", he meant it.

Not abuse, mind you. But no mollycoddling.

This little 31 is new(ish), but so far has gave me no reason to think it any less capable than its older, larger sibling. I quite like the new steel too.
It pairs nicely with the HDS. Both fine tools.

I been back on a Malkoff kick lately, really enjoying this AA. Had one awhile back but let go of it, decided to give it a shot again and it's been great
I keep a couple of the 14500 MDCs in the rotation. Such a great size, and really pleasant to carry.

Last edited: