Knife & Light pics. (Identify your images!)

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tend to like smaller AAA sized lights for carry more than anything. Clip also looks great. Are their replaceable switch boots available anywhere? Would they send you one if you emailed them? Just future proofing here

iacchus

Enlightened
Went with Hoku Clicky. Full titanium. I have to try one lol. They look phenomenal
Congrats on the choice!
Lemme know what you think of it after you put it through the paces.

It does have LVP on most settings. All the programming instructions and such are on the DMC site, I figure you've already looked through those.

They've got a Malkoff-esque warranty, if something they made isn't working right, they fix it. So you are in good hands. Nice guys over there.

I haven't looked into replacement switch boots for the Hoku, but I can't imagine it would be an issue getting a replacement.

The clips are great, just absolute perfection. The onset bearing makes a real difference. Did you get the standard or the short?

The whole package is just a joy to carry. Great ergos in use and disappears into the pocket all unobtrusive like.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah im a fan of the guppy driver also. It does have LVP. Programming is also super easy and 24 groups to choose from. 4500k domed 519a is exactly where it's at for me as well. Being it's all titanium, it's gonna get hot on higher outputs lol. I only use low and medium modes on all my lights anyway

iacchus

Enlightened
Yeah im a fan of the guppy driver also. It does have LVP. Programming is also super easy and 24 groups to choose from. 4500k domed 519a is exactly where it's at for me as well. Being it's all titanium, it's gonna get hot on higher outputs lol. I only use low and medium modes on all my lights anyway
4500K is what I got both my Hoku and the Malihini Slim in. It really nice clear white light.

Honestly, the Hoku doesn't get that terribly hot, but I don't run it on high for too terribly long. The thermal regulation and stepdown are handled well. Pushing 650 lumens from a 10440 is a big ask for long. Nice to have when you need it for a shot, though.

The Malihini gets hot after a bit.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Malloff MD21700 M361 219B V3 4000K

Winkler Woodsman

20240519_224030.jpg

Carry On!

iacchus

Enlightened
Malloff MD21700 M361 219B V3 4000K

Winkler Woodsman

View attachment 62328

Carry On!
Winkler was the reason I tried carrying a fixed blade not once, but twice. Figured maybe I was just really bad at it the first time, so tried again a year or so later.
Nope, just doesn't work w/ my day to day, sadly.
They are some of the best tools I've laid hand to, though. My favorite fixed blade, and a perfect partner to a Malkoff there.
Nice stuff.

tex.proud

Enlightened
Winkler was the reason I tried carrying a fixed blade not once, but twice. Figured maybe I was just really bad at it the first time, so tried again a year or so later.
Nope, just doesn't work w/ my day to day, sadly.
They are some of the best tools I've laid hand to, though. My favorite fixed blade, and a perfect partner to a Malkoff there.
Nice stuff.
Yeah, while the Winkler is an awesome blade it's bigger than what I usually carry fixed blade wise.

Top is an Arno Bernard Hunter with N690 blade and Giraffe Bone handle with a custom kydex sheath.
HDS Rotary 18650 for size comparison and Flashlight content.
Bottom is my 1st purchased L.T.Wright and the most carried fixed blade I own.
Next Gen D2 tool steel Micarta handle in custom kydex sheath.
Both 3.5" blades. My preferred size. Other Next Gens are CPM 3V convex, AEB-L FFG.
Not pictured is a JRE leather sheath with an ulticlip that I can use to carry either knife in pocket.

20240520_134530.jpg

Carry On!