L2D rebel 100 discontinued

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That was a specific issue with the recalled LEDs. I don't see any evidence that's the issue with all rebels.

You are right, that is only an issue with that batch of Rebels and K2 TFFCs.

About why Fenix stopped making Rebel lights, my guess would be not enough LEDs.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I sure hope they come back. I gave my wife my L0D R80, thinking I can replace it when the new batch comes out. I still have two of the P2D R100's so I'm OK there. One to EDC and one for when I lose it. :)

Daniel

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only Rebel I have is in a Tiablo A1, but I can't express how much I prefer it to every Cree I own. The color is just so much more perfect than every other Cree I've seen (Rexlight, Fenix L2D, Jetbeam C-LE, WF-600, Surefire KX2, hFlash HF2) and there's no damn Cree rings.

I suppose I could just be lucky with my one Rebel sample, and unlucky with my Crees. Regardless, I've sworn I'll buy no more Crees so I guess I'll be waiting until more manufacturers are using Rebels. Please, Fenix, don't give up on the Rebels!

Flic

Enlightened
I sure hope they come back. I gave my wife my L0D R80, thinking I can replace it when the new batch comes out. I still have two of the P2D R100's so I'm OK there. One to EDC and one for when I lose it. :)

Daniel

Some dealers still show atock of teh L0D Rb80

In Canada:

http://www.j2ledflashlight.com/lod_rebel_natural.html

http://www.j2ledflashlight.com/fenix-lod-rebel-80.html

EliteLED:

http://www.eliteled.com/products/flashlights/fenix-l0d-rb80.html

And EliteLED is in your backyard! And they have both finishes. I bought an extra just a while ago.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let us know when they turn into profitable collector's items. ;)

I've got a L2D100 and a L1Tv2r80 (with forward clicky) from last August working fine.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second L2D Q5 that I bought had a much more incan like tint to it. The tint was much warmer with it. I should probably have got the R100 instead but the reliability concern put me off.

In next to no time there will be something out that beats the r100 & q5 and is cheap and readily available, that will mothball our curent crop of lights. Next winter should be fun...

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second L2D Q5 that I bought had a much more incan like tint to it. The tint was much warmer with it. I should probably have got the R100 instead but the reliability concern put me off.

That's surprises me because i have L2D Rb100/ P2D Premium Q5 & P1D CE Q5 but only the RB100 has warm tint the rest is much cooler
My camera having a hard time to capture warm tint,here some comparison.

P2D RB100
fenixP2DRB100.jpg

RB0080
RB80-1.jpg

P1D CE Q5
FenixP1DCEQ5.jpg

Fenix RB100 vs K2 TFFC Twof
FenixRB100vsK2-1.jpg

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit, I was dubious about the sudden size reduction in the Rebel emitter compared to Cree/SSC. Thermal management issues are probably the cause of any failures.

From my experience, I have found Cree Q5s that have a blue tint, and then others with a gorgeous slight-yellow tint with fantastic colour rendition. The rebel has good rendition when driven well.

But... one thing I have really noticed is that the Cree retains its colour rendition, regardless of the input current. However, the Rebel at low levels turns to a horribly blue/purple tint. Something to consider if you need a good low-level light.

mighty82

Enlightened
My rebel 100 doesen't turn blue or purple at all on the low levels. It just get's a slightly warmer tint. Very good to look at with dark adapted vision.