Lambda lights Mag Solitaire LED bulb finally available

Bertrik

Newly Enlightened
I ended up ordering the "ArcMania" soli drop-in from Lighthound and received it very quickly, ordered it thursday evening, received in monday (to the Netherlands). But I realise that's not any consolance to you guys...

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Christoph said:
The head dosen't screw all the way down on the mag or the rayovac light in the pic.

Thanks for the pics. I've been thinking of ordering a couple of these drop ins, and I think this persuaded me.

What kind of Rayovac is that anyhow?

Nell

Enlightened
Nell said:
Maybe monday for mine to show up. I've seen this for awhile on Lambda's site and hopefully the postman has it in his bag.

I got mine Monday and it was really plug and play. It does push the bezel out a few MM, but it is quite an improvement to the original bulb design. Not a barn burner, and the color is warm with the center a touch of artifacts similar to the Nuwai 0.5w, but brighter. I really like it.

Anyone compared the run time to the Fenix LOP ?

Mine is closer to Christoph's warmer color. No blue in it at all.

Last edited:

dasanii19

Enlightened
I think Im about to order one, do you think I should? :) But what does this mean? "Include in the PayPal remarks block the items ordered. "

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
My wife's red Solitaire is MUCH brighter now with one of these in it! Ours is blue in tint, and like the others, the head doesn't screw all the way down. I don't feel that the tint or the gap between body and light head are a problem.

The light is surprisingly bright and now useful for poking around under a cabinet or behind the computer.

I highly recommend this upgrade to anyone with an unused Solitaire!

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
dasanii19 said:
"Include in the PayPal remarks block the items ordered. "

Just what it says: when you send money in PayPal, there is a place where you can enter remarks.

Just say something like, "(1) solitaire upgrade" or whatever. Kevin is a smart boy, he'll know what you are ordering.

Bertrik

Newly Enlightened
dasanii19 said:
No, the upgrade that lambda sells is much more advanced. It contains a tiny converter that allows the LED to run on a standard AA battery. As far as I know, the circuit also regulates the LED, so the light output remains constant until the very last moment (haven't done any measurements).

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry guys, I'm confused - how does this compare to the SMJLED aaa drop-in avail. at the sandwich shoppe? isn't that a lambda-make too?

Bertrik

Newly Enlightened
The sandwich shoppe page confuses me too, looks like some kind of editing error in the description, where some kind of 2AA PR bulb is mixed up with the solitaire drop-in.
The pictures of the solitaire drop-in from both lambda lights and lighthound look exactly like my drop-in (from lighthound).

Latest posts