Lanyard Clips for Arc4+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GadgetFreak

Newly Enlightened
What kind of lanyard clips do you folks use with your ARC4? I sometimes like to attach a lanyard and prefer a small snap clip to a split ring, but haven't found any small clips that were both reliable and small enough to fit. Any ideas?

simbad

Enlightened
I use a one foot kevlar string with a mini clip attached to a belt loop and hanging in my front pocket, easy to get, not bulky and impossible to loose it.
The smallest clip is the "mini clip" from berkeleypoint.com, made of s.steel, only 4 bucks.

spgrk

Newly Enlightened
Where on the 4+ do you attach the clip/lanyard? I hate the little loop on the pocket clip as an attachment point: it makes the light bounce around all over the place and causes the pocket clip to bend, so that it has to be unscrewed and bent back into shape before it can be used for its original purpose again. Horrible, horrible. Nice light, though.

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
spgrk said:
Where on the 4+ do you attach the clip/lanyard? I hate the little loop on the pocket clip as an attachment point: it makes the light bounce around all over the place and causes the pocket clip to bend, so that it has to be unscrewed and bent back into shape before it can be used for its original purpose again. Horrible, horrible. Nice light, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
After repeated use of the clip on a belt, clothing, etc., it will be needed to be bent back again but hanging just by a lanyard. Never happen!! It's not heavy enough to bend the metal.

simbad

Enlightened
Hi Spgrk, I've added a very small s.steel split ring in the clip loop of the light, then installed a rubber O ring a bit smaller than the diameter of the light around the body and clip, all together placed in the gap of the clip end, this rubber ring keeps the clip in its place for an accidental strong pulling when hooked on your belt loop.
This idea is to have the light attached with a lanyard in a safe way, to use the clip as what it is just take the ring off.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lanyard_attachment_003.jpg

Here you go simbad!

simbad

Enlightened
Actually Fitz downloaded the picture of my light for me because I think Im doing something wrong with the images,if you look at the clip end there is a 8mm split ring covered by the string, the knot works also to protect the teflon coat.
Thanks for the help Mike!

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems simbad- looks nice! Thanks for the suggestion rfdancer- don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts