LED lens fell off

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

I just got an email from Terralux saying that my warranty form was received and processed. They will be sending me a new TLE-5EX this week. :)

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For whoever is wondering, I've tried norland optical adhesive #61 on a cree LED sans dome, gel, ring. So basically, substrate, SiC, LED die, NOA.

The NOA couldn't handle the heat and turned brownish clear.

Haven't tried on just a domeless Cree.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Hi.

I had this happen to two of my torches in the past.

The first one was a LumaPower torch.

I thought no problem, I'll just reach for the superglue and fix it. Put the superglue on the edges of the dome and waited for it to stick.

Was it successful? Depends on how you look at it. The superglue indeed fogs over the dome, but now I have a reasonably good floody torch. There's always a bright side to everything !

The second torch was an LRI Proton Pro.

For this one, I used a silicone sealant that dries ultra clear. I simply put a blob of it directly onto the chip, positioned the dome back in place and have not had a problem with it since. The silicone has stayed crystal clear, there has been minimal effect on the beam pattern or output, and my Proton Pro is back in business.

Here is a link to the manufacturers website http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-All-Clear/default.aspx.

Regards from the land down under.

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
I was looking at some Coleman 530 LED spotlights in the store today. One of them had the plastic lens off of one of the LED's. I was trying to eyeball the light to see if the LED's were centered and aligned in the 3 reflectors. Instead of a yellow "eye," it had one dark eye.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

Today (1-18-10) I got a package at my front door and inside was a brand new TLE-5EX and a matching reflector directly from Terralux. They came through and fully backed up their warranty. Great job Terralux! :thumbsup:

I don't know what I'll do with the old, lens-less TLE-5EX and its reflector, but I'm sure that I'll think of something.