LED Lenser has made a 100 000 lumens flashlight! (The worlds largest flashlight)

bickford

Newly Enlightened
My god ... they have time to loose ... And when the regulated X21 with Nimh battery is coming on the market ?

.... Stupide marketing

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this is right. It is an interesting light, and I love the shape and resemblance to a flashlight, but it is certainly not a flashlight! Call it a spotlight, a floodlight, a really bright parking light, but you can't hold it. In my book, if you can't hold it in two hands, it isn't a flashlight.

Our modders on CPF build some really bright stuff. I think they deserve a shot before this thing gets in.

I suppose the question becomes, "Is an object no longer of the same type when it exceeds the size of most of its brethren?" Both the ISS and the moon are satellites in the sense that they are in the gravitational well of a more massive object, but they are certainly of different kinds. I concede that the shape and function may look like a massively scaled up flashlight, but I think one can no longer call it a flashlight when it cannot be stowed in a backpack, stored on a dresser, or stuck in a car.

ergotelis

Enlightened
Guys you have so much fun in here i like your comments!

My comment:

Just read it is a led lenser, i wouldn't buy it because i hate their electronics, they don't put a good circuit but just a resistor!

afrankart

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. :shakehead How long till they make a bigger, heavier, slightly brighter version?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't want to be one of the poor suckers under that light when the crane gives out... "Man crushed by world's largest flashlight, news at 11!"

Verdensstrstelykt.jpg

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Largest but not brightest, I could easily build a smaller more powerful one with 3x1500 watt metal halides, an inverter and some big batteries. For a German company I would have thought their engineering on a project like this would have been better thought out. Since they're obviously not using any components in their normal lineup you might as well have gone metal halide. This to me is like the worlds largest thermometer in baker. It's not really a thermometer, it's just a tower with some light bulbs that read out temperature. This is not a flashlight it's just an oversized ceiling lamp.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they contact me for a holster for this thing.
I can see the conversation now... "but you're web site says $40 for an open top custom made holster... we want small dragon scales and flap... how much for a spare battery carrier?"

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
I wouldn't want to be one of the poor suckers under that light when the crane gives out... "Man crushed by world's largest flashlight, news at 11!"

Thats what I was thinking:huh:

I suppose it might be a flashlight if your Optimus Prime or something....

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
So where is the integrating sphere for this thing? Is that OTF or bulb lumen? ANSI?

Latest posts