LED Lenser has made a 100 000 lumens flashlight! (The worlds largest flashlight)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
just saw this thread and mega light for the first time. i think its awesome!

:thumbsup: cheers to Led Lenser for this monstrosity! :thumbsup:

i never owned any Led Lenser, but after seeing this, they OK in my book.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
What I don't get is how they get 100,000 lumens from 19 LED's? That's about 5,300 lumens per LED. I didn't realize there was anything capable of putting out more lumens than the SST90 and even over driven at 14 amps it's not quite 1/2 of 5,300...

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I don't get is how they get 100,000 lumens from 19 LED's? That's about 5,300 lumens per LED. I didn't realize there was anything capable of putting out more lumens than the SST90 and even over driven at 14 amps it's not quite 1/2 of 5,300...
They have huge 100 watt street lamp LEDs that make tons of lumens:). "but poor lumens per watt compared to normal LEDs"

Beamshots!!

Just type in CAN light there should be some info on it.

norbyx

Newly Enlightened
Why call this monster a flashlight??? You could use some industrial lights and have the same result. Definition of flashlight (to me) is a portable light that you can carry with you without using a truck... I supose that the military search lights are stronger but they aren't flashlights and as this one need a truck to carry them.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not interested unless they offer a version with a trit so that you can find it at night if you should lose power..

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how I have missed this thread. At first I tought it was just started.
I agree with some of the opinions here: making a light machine in a shape of a flashlight doesn't mean it's a flashlight. Could anyone hold it or carry it? If not, it can't be defined as a flashlight, in my opinion.

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
Doesn't it have any anti-theft provision so someone doesn't mug you and steal it when you are out walking the dog?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's good thinking fnj, it's prolly expensive.
All compact lights with good output are..

That guy

Newly Enlightened
Uber tactical. Throw on a pocket clip and edc the thing. Police should carry for a blind em and beat em stick, one whack shall straighten out most criminals.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, one whack should put them back to the stone age...less crime then by the way

TEEJ

Flashaholic
LOL

The point of these Guinness Records is NEVER practicality.

Look at the OTHER records, the world's largest pancake, the world's largest cookie, etc. NO ONE would ever buy one of these things as a product, its just for show, a publicity event/promotional opportunity.

Its like looking at the worlds largest cookie, and saying if it won't fit into your glass of milk its not really a cookie.

OF COURSE its not really a cookie, its a giant thing made to look like an enormous cookie.

All the records for this sort of thing are like that, its SUPPOSED to be a scaled up version of a "real one".

So, of course, until they make it able to be held and aimed/operated with one hand, have a 2 lumen low setting, maintain the high setting's power, provide a neutral tint and a pocket clip, I'm not interested in it, OR that 1 acre cookie.

yliu

Enlightened
Instead of wasting time and money on this kind of pointless stuff, Ledlenser could put some more effort in updating their lights. Other then the X14 and X7R, they haven't done anything else.

At least put an XPG or XML into their lights.

That guy

Newly Enlightened
what about the super sized swiss army tool. kind of a stupid idea as well but hey they still put out good practical tools that are good quality and pocket friendly.