LF2XT Switch Mod Thread (aka: help me find a machinist)

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
a small batch of these were shipped to Shine today, to test fit in various versions of the liteflux. Here's hoping they work as expected! I sharpened the cut off tool this time, so the flat bottom is much cleaner now.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, once these come in we'll get some testers out to a few people. If everything goes well I hope to be able to offer this mod in a couple of months.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been a while since I've posted. I've been working with the inserts and modding a few of my own various LF2XTs. The switch has been awesome and feels really great.

Here is a pic of the insert in a switch and the modded tactile e-switch. No spring is necessary for this setup.

DSC00288.JPG

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was working with that first prototype you sent over, I didn't know you had already replaced the switch assembly. I remember thinking that had a really nice action. This will turn out to be a great upgrade

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually haven't been too active on CPF the past few months. Life sometimes intervenes with other priorities.

I have LF2FTs that I did the switch mod to that have been working perfectly. I also did the mod for a couple of other people to test things out and the satisfaction level has been high. That being said, I will re-visit this if/when I have the time but for now it's on hold.

fyrstormer

Banned
I'm amazed at the enduring popularity of the LF2XT. The electronics are, what, 10 years old now? It was discontinued around the time I got into this hobby in the first place.