LGI Build Update w/Pictures

Zephyr

Enlightened
Whoa dude!, I'm finally going to get my very own LGI soon!! Can't wait!! Looking mighty fine there Mr. Bulk! Take care...

ZEPH

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you guys notice there is no dust at Mr. Bulk's house? And the eerie glow coming from his tool box? Could he be a cyborg? That might explain the precision of his work. I wonder what his "flashlights" are called where he comes from. He says he's from Hawaii...right, how convenient. Could have an alien race identified the brightest people on earth through their membership in CPF? This is what really gives him away: no fingerprints. Are they going to come and get us? Don't laugh. He has your address.

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Wow, icebreak is RIGHT! Also, If you look closely at the first picture (the one with a mound of completed LGI's), at the upper left corner, there is an ARC OF LIGHT! This is clearly some sort of advanced quantum device! It is actually bending Light! hmmmmm............

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look carefully at the lens on the light on the bottom left you can make out the reflection of a "person" removing a beam from a whole bank of beams. And in the picture below that what is the pink thing under the bag of lights on the examination table?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Whoops. Two whoops, actually.

First, I got so wrapped up in my little poem that I forgot Monday was a holiday. Third line should read, "They begin shipping Tuesday".

And the second whoops? I shoulda thrown a tarp over the damn plasma reactor before I took the first picture. Now the whole world knows We are here...

PS. And I absolutely cannot talk about the pink thing. At all.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! I always imagined Santa's workshop to look like Charlie's workbench!

So, Charlie is Chief Elf this year, huh? Great!
grin.gif

Once he gets past making this batch of LGIs, maybe he'll get round to fixing Rudolph's nose with a nice bright red luxeon. With all the light pollution nowadays, that standard red-nose doesn't cut it anymore. Something tells me we'll see Santa coming a lot easier this year! And the lucky ones among us will have an LGI in their stockings...
smile.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have progressed past being concerned and am now alarmed about this. McGizmo's most recent post, though careful to be a close-up with no reflections, has no dust or fingerprints either. Then there is dat2zip. Please, this unit's designation might as well have been C3PO.

I've done some research. According to one source, (Prior-Art-O-Matic), McGizmo is a hearing aid that can help you lose weight! It blocks UV light. Also, dat2zip is a cricket bat that blocks UV light!

What's really crazy is that at Prior-Art-O-Matic ( http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/priorart.cgi?ref=dat2zip ) if you click on "why not click here?" ( http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Kevan ) your brain may be eaten.

This saga, I fear, is not over. So please keep an eye on the sky. Keep your trusty earth-made flashlights at the ready. More importantly, be careful when you enter the Mod Zone.

Stefan

Enlightened
Just curious...I see a stack of 16 there. Could you possibly "enlighten" us and power all of them, showing what 16 look like on a wall 10 feet away?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just for all of you out there waiting for your LGI, the only thing better than having a LGI comming is to already have one. :>) TX

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Stefan:
Just curious...I see a stack of 16 there. Could you possibly "enlighten" us and power all of them, showing what 16 look like on a wall 10 feet away?
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stefan, I already did that as part of the testing procedure. See the reflection in the bottom left lens in the stack of 16...

Stefan

Enlightened
Thats just a reflection of the heads glowing. I'm curious how bright of a spot on the wall you can make with all of them fired up.
shocked.gif
Kiss those HID stadium lights goodbye, maybe?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Massive build nearing completion, shipping Tuesday...

fd0eb990.jpg

*EDIT: Oh BTW, Supreme Galactic Commanders Lamba and McGizmo have asked me to instruct viewers of this photo to ignore the two dozen or so Legend LXs in the blue package that were inadvertently shown, they will not become LGIs, they are destined to become the new...LG5s...

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by MR Bulk:
*EDIT: Oh BTW, Supreme Galactic Commanders Lamba and McGizmo have asked me to instruct viewers of this photo to ignore the two dozen or so Legend LXs in the blue package that were inadvertently shown, they will not become LGIs, they are destined to become the new...LG5s...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok can I order one now, before they're even built
smile.gif

That way I wont miss the boat
grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Great;) Like everything else I buy, it's obsolete before I even pick up the mail
wink.gif

My wife hasn't noticed this current charge to the credit card yet, but I'll probably have to wait at least a month before sneaking in another expensive flashlight...

The big storm that created so much carnage across the mid west and eastern US this morning just passed over us. Was kind of a non starter this far away, but we did get a tornado warning. For the next one that could potentially take my power down I'll have my LGI and will be happy in the dark!

Thanks,
James

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
I think I see mine in that pile.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Only if you promise not to sell it within the week otherwise USS MR Bulk Enterprise will have to start limiting your purchases...:)^D