LGI Build Update w/Pictures

Stefan

Enlightened
Speaking futuristically, if and when they are available, can you picture an LG10 using a 10 watt Luxeon? Can anyone say BRIGHT!!!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Does this mean (after having planted the seed), that you "may be taking requests" for the "LG5"?

it's spelled: " S - I - G - M - A - N"

1 Please? Oops, how much??

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hmmm, not fully developed yet, may be underdriven though since the lifespan of 5-watts is still suspect, will announce something here if it becomes reality.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
LG5RB for me. PayPal sent. Thank you.

Also, (and this is for all of you that know what is really going on here.) Mr. Bulk's 'associate', lambda is not a commander, he is actually "The Big Giant Head". Please be careful of people that say in a monotone voice, "If you build it we will buy it." If you hear yourself say things like, "Understood. Will Com Ply." it is too late for you.

Keep your eyes on the skies.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
really charles??? i thought i remember you telling me $5,000,000. heck, with all that money in your account now, maybe you should just donate them to special members of cpf such as myself...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just who is this "Will" guy?

PayPal sent also!!
(I didn't start it teacher, it was Icebreak...yep I saw him!)

(This is sort of like the CPF 50 Special deal...David hadn't even posted the address to send the donation to [for those of us who didn't know to begin with] and a herd of folks started sending in donations....blah, blah, blah...color me cutoff once, trying to stay at the lead of the pack?...)

WayneM

Newly Enlightened
Mr. Bulk,

My LGI arrived yesterday! It was sitting - already unpacked - on the kitchen table when I got home. Great light - less than great timing, (if you know what I mean).

I fired it up with some partially used (about 3/4 full) cells. It is drawing about 1.01-1.05 Amps and putting out lots of nice light. So can I throw caution to the wind and put some hot new cells in it, or should I wait a few weeks for enough cumulative group experience to prove it safe?

I just had to bring it to work with me today and impress some people!!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
WayneM,

Oh it's safe, just don't run lithiums or nimhs in it.

...already unpacked, eh?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, Mr. Bulk,

As I would like to be one of the first to order one of these LG5's please give some details!

Like, are 5 watt luxeons available, or will the be available in the next couple of months?

AND . . .

Will it be available in white?

All I want is a really bright, white, 5 watt luxeon! (And a trophy wife with a heart of gold!)

RickLux

Newly Enlightened
Technically speaking if you where traveling at the speed of light you would burn up in intense heat and your flashlight wouldn't work either .

Mr Bulk hows the mailing going, on those jedi light sabers ? The LGI. And can I send paypal payment for the 5 watter too ?
shocked.gif

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technically speaking, you cannot travel at exactly light speed. According to Albert Einstein's theory of relativity, mass increases infinitely as you accelerate towards the speed of light.

RickLux: And if there is no air friction, why would the anyone burn up in intense heat?

Which makes me wonder if we are traveling at twice the speed of light, when we on our flashlights, won't we be leaving a trail of light streamers? A.K.A Blue Angles aeroplane acrobatics...

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr. Bulk,

It appears the poor humans have yet to discover warp drive.........

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by trailstoride:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by lambda:
Mr. Bulk,

It appears the poor humans have yet to discover warp drive.........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hear he is feverishly working on phasors using massively overdriven 5W Luxeon SE's
icon15.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You'd have to see PsycoBob for that one.
smile.gif

Dan

Latest posts