Light Stolen - Need to Replace

GotLight

Newly Enlightened
Help ! !
Last night my car got jacked ! Burglarized in my driveway over night. :eek:
They slim jimmed my door & took my large speaker box, all my usb memory sticks, about 6 cd's, a x-mas gift I got from a co-worker
- - - - - - AND - - - - - - -

My Absolute Favorite Light - Husky 2D 4watt Cree @ 200 lumes

husky.jpg

Here the best thread on this thrower
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?209624-New-200-lumen-light-at-Home-Depot

I use(d) this every night, Nice & heavy but balanced, nice on/off button ( in the right place too ) I miss it already
When I got this @ Home depo like every one else I should have gotten a 2nd​ as a back up, I haven't seen them since 2009. I just went there couple hours ago just to check again…. Nothing.
My Stolen Husky does have my last name & digits e n g r a v e d on it.
Those other things can be replaced easy enough, But I really like that Husky Light ! ! !

Any one have one of these they don't want ? ? ? ? ? ?
Any suggestions where I might find this Husky ? ? ? ? ?
Anything Similar you folk's can suggest as a Replacement ( 2D Super bright thrower w/switch up near bezel )

TIA :thumbsup:

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
All your stuff will show up on craigslist in a few days. Keep an eye out for it. You might be able to buy back your flashlight.

Phil40000

Newly Enlightened
Good thinking regarding only leaving poop flashlights in your car overnight, imagine if you had left a decent light in there for the scrotes to rob? Hope you get your whip back on the road asap.

'Any suggestions where I might find this Husky ? ? ? ? ?'

Have you checked the nearest dumpsters/bins? From my limited burgalry experience people usually throw anything worthless away and take the stuff they can sell on etc.

Last edited:

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
I can't believe someone would actually slam someone for his choice in flashlights. The "D" battery cell isn't going to disappear just because of the forum's popularity with 18650's or cr123's. And, not everyone wants to spend tons of money on a fancy flashlight that fails the first time it is dropped or 'worked'.

There is a big difference between a 'work flashlight' and a 'photo queen' so often posted in these forums.

He used the flashlight EVERY DAY. I've had enough of the 'fancy lights' fail in a few months, usually switch or driver issues. The fancy light form factors get overly worshiped here.

Since it was a hardware store flashlight, you'll have to make an effort to search for the 'SKU' number. There might still be some in the dusty inventory area.

You might be able to find one on ebay or craigslist. Keep an eye out at ALL yards sales in your area, and 'estate' or 'moving' type yard sales too as flashlights do show up often. You weren't the only one that bought this flashlight. A friend of mine at the salvage yard over the years always had a good selection of free flashlights & cd's dvds' games calculators tapes stereos amps and other 'trunk stuff'..... So, visit your auto parts dismantle'rs as unclaimed personal belongings do end up with the employees. It would make a good trunk/glove box light and do expect several to be 'left behind' after a vehicle is totaled and towed. The salvage yard isn't just for auto parts. Don't forget the 'flea markets' in the area too.

I hope that you filed your police report. Criminals will use your flashlight in 'future crimes'. You don't want it to be left behind at another 'crime scene' with you name/# on it!

GotLight

Newly Enlightened
Yea my poor Husky gets no respect here . . .:shakehead . . . Thanks for standing up for me Dead . . . .

That Husky was
a great thrower with over 200 L , Was unique in style, super strong heavy thumper I need, hence the 2xD batteries
Cops thought that engraving that light was "cute", I also wrote my name on the inside of the speaker box they took while I had it apart replacing the 10" woofers
Looked high & low for another Husky, with the SKU too, No Luck ! Like I mentioned, was hoping someone here bought the Husky & dislikes it & would sell it to me. :thumbsup:

Been looking for a "Real" Light for its replacement, for a few days now
Requirements = Powerful Thrower w/forward switch

I like this for a D size powerful thrower I can still thump someone with
What do you pro's think about this one ? ? ?

The Coast LED Lenser P17High Performance LED Flashlight has a bright light and a battery run-time that seems to go on forever. The P17 LED Flashlight HP-8417 by Coast LED Lenser features excellent performance with 220 Lumens of focusable light and over 1728 hours of battery life on D Batteries. The Coast LED Lenser P17 Flash Light HP 8417 also features the Speed-Focus system that allows you to adjust the beam of light. Simply push forward or back with the thumb to change from a broad flood beam to a focused spot beam. In addition, Coast LED Lenser P17 LED Flashlights have a three step Quick-Cycle switch function that offers variable light sizes in a fast, intuitive system. Maximum brightness can be achieved by holding down the switch. Low beam light is activated by clicking the switch one time, and high beam (75% output of max) can be activated with two clicks. These features of the Coast LED Lenser P17 LED Flashlight HP8417 will give users a bright Flashlight with an extremely long run-time.

And this as a Non-Thumper alternate ,

Olight SR51

Open for any suggestions,
But last night was my 1st​ work shift without my Husky & it's well missed already :(

Last edited:

deadrx7conv

Enlightened
Coast is overrated and overpriced.

Olight SR51 is a nice light but doesn't use D's. But, it looks to have the "D" size and feel to it. Its 3-4x brighter than your Husky. But, I'm not too crazy about battery holders that are held in the flashlight. I prefer that the flashlight hold the batteries. Less points of failure. There is a review of it in the "flashlight review" section.

If you're happy with 2D or 3D and 200lm, get a used Maglite and a new Malkoff drop in. You can always add a glass breakage bezel or tailcap if needed.