List of lights with infinite variable brightness control rings

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: List of lights with infinite brightness control rings

Okay. Let me have the links to these lights so I can check them out and add them.
Link to the Cryos thread
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?360797-Cryos-Illumination-s-Triple-Function-Light
You can't actually buy one yet, it's currently on indiegogo (a crowd funding site)
I really hope. It reaches its funding goal, I will be pledging later in the week

The Saint, minimus etc are all headlamps
i have the Minimus Vision - and it works exactly the same as the T1A (I have one of those too)
a detent to turn it on, then a potentiometer to turn the brightness up (so not the magnetic infinitely variable, but still infinitely variable, just done a different way)
Heres a link to the minimus - http://www.surefire.com/minimus.html
the saint is a bigger version with a 3x123 pack, the vision has a warm led, the Maximus is a bigger rechargeable version with 500 lumens, there is links to the other versions on the right hand side of the link above

Last edited:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Re: List of lights with infinite brightness control rings

Any new lights that can be added to this lists?
I see Sunwayman has not decided to make a V40A as yet:whistle: I would love one.
Seeing it does not exist, yet. Does any manufacturer, no matter the brand, make a constantly variable 4XAA light?

pineconecounter

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman V11r updated with xm-l2.

Copied from the Sunwayman website:

V11R is compact flashlight with powerful performance, fitted with CREE XM-L2 LED; using one single 16340 or 14500, this light generates up to 570 lumens

Turbo Mode: 570 Lumens (uses one 16340 battery to drive, runtime 25min; CAUTION: Do not run the light continuously at turbo mode for more than 3 minutes.)
Max: 216 Lumens (1.5hrs)
Min: 1 Lumen (35hrs)

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201203/87.html

Last edited:

HeyGuysWatchThis

Newly Enlightened
Bumping this thread from obscurity since my V11R has become unreliable, and I have to choose a replacement. Are there any new ones not on the list?

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
Has anybody done a test of the actual low lumen output for the V11R? I ask, because it is MUCH less than the manufacturer-stated 1lm.

ChibiM

Enlightened
at least he got an answer a half year later ;)
He must have been waiting for it ;)

thanks for bumping this thread, as I didnt know there were sooo many.
I assume there have been a few new lights on the market, that arent in the list yet..
Will the OP update the table?
anyone?

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
Are there any Titanium Version Lights with Infinity Variable Brightness Control Rings CURRENTLY available? It seems like they've all been discontinued and none are to be found for purchase. I feel very lucky to have a V10R Ti+ w/AA ext. (ground off the lobes), but I'm looking for other options.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry all. I haven't been spending much time on CPF for awhile now. It seems there are a lot of lights coming out with the infinity variable output, and at this point I'm sure there are many I don't even know about. If you would like to keep this thread going, and you find a light that is not listed, please post the details/specs here and I will put it in the table.

Last edited:

TLN

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the market for CR123/18650 now, so really interested in updated list:rolleyes:

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman shows the V25C as a "new arrival". 780 lumen max. and 0.1 lumen minimum from the XM-L2 emitter. Powered by one 18650, two CR123A, or two 16340. Has a 32mm head, and length of 134.5mm. Has magnetic ring plus tail cap switch.

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
The V25C is definitely one with a infinitely variable brightness control ring, like the V20C, but it rotates 360degrees. (actually already over a year old)
For people interested in it, I personally don`t like how it works. You just dont know in what brightness it is, when you turn it on.. because of its 360 degrees turning.
when you look in the led, while it goes dimmer and dimmer, until its at its dimmest, it will quicly turn on in High.. so you will be blinded as well.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
For people interested in it, I personally don`t like how it works. You just dont know in what brightness it is, when you turn it on.. because of its 360 degrees turning.
when you look in the led, while it goes dimmer and dimmer, until its at its dimmest, it will quicly turn on in High.. so you will be blinded as well.

Second that. Don't need it blasting while I'm trying not to wake the baby in the middle of the night.

Eneloops

Newly Enlightened
The V25C is definitely one with a infinitely variable brightness control ring, like the V20C, but it rotates 360degrees. (actually already over a year old)

4th that. That's a definite deal-breaker for me as well. My V10r Ti+, and the V11r stops at high and low, allowing users to KNOW where they're at. The full-circle action of the V25C is preposterous and idiotic in its usefulness. I would always cycle too far, every time, multiple times trying to find the highest highs and the lowest lows. I got annoyed just watching a video about it. No way.

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Enlightened
I also got annoyed watching the video... Is the "continuous dimmer" in any way related to avoiding UI elements which are protected by other companies?