Longbow problems

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats real nice to say LONGBOW.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok guys lets not get into a fight here.

I want to get the hook fixed or replaced because the lanyard itself just plain looks good, and I like the little ring on it with which you can adjust the size of the hole. The material of the lanyard is very soft, and comfy.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
true mags. I like the lanyards material too.

-David

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
So is there a replacement hook for the lanyard that looks similar? I will try doing a search on berkley.

WOW. Just looked at some berkeley snap shackles, and they are EXPENSIVE! I didnt know they were so highly valued. Is it because of their material?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
never heard of berkeley. There are a lot of guys here on cpf who make sweet lanyards for good prices.

-David

Lumen

Newly Enlightened
I have a Micra and it also came with a Longbow Arizona lanyard. I took the clip off the lanyard and tied 550 cord to it. My clip is a tension bar clasp made of metal and I don't see how u can break it unless you exert abnormal force upon it.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
[ QUOTE ]
ViReN said:
I would be more surprised if... Your Brothers & You two are of same age respectively /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

How can a "Metal" Hook Break ? .... it cant'b be that weak .... that just pulling up would break it... must have great force applied to it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually there wasnt that much force used. And I am pretty sure it is plastic in a metalic color. How can you say that there must have been alot of force used, because the hook can't be that weak if TWO people have already said that theirs broke. Doesnt that tell you something about the quality? Do you have a longbow? If so, you'de know that the metal/plastic is weak, if you dont have a longbow, than take our word for it when we say it is of bad quality. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not have a longbow. As fas as i knew, longbow makes good and economical products. that surprised me when i read the title "Longbow problems". I am sorry that I actually posted in your thread. please forgive me. no intentions to make any fun out here. wont get involved in this thread any further. I wish you luck and your problem solved soon. anything and everything in this world can break... applied enough force /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, THE HOOK IS PLASTIC! Ok, it isnt metal, and if it is, than it scrap metal. I am sorry about that earlier post ViRen, I may have gotten out of hand, everyone does every so often.

-David

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We are cool no worries on that front ....

If the hook is of plastic... may i suggest you to replace it with something nice ... may be you look at B/S/T Section... IIRC there was a thread for good quality lanyards ... I hope your LongBow Light itself is intact and that you can attach a new one.

If you are not satisfied by Longbow's Orignal lanyard, request them to improve on quality for their product. Even if they offer you a replacement, there wont be any point ... because it might break again. Like... you said... a couple of guys have problem with it...including you.

It was nice of you to notify to this forum that the Longbow lanyard clip could break if someone .. (like your brother) tries to snatch the cute lil light from you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

while replacing old one, use a Metal Hook this time. .. ok

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will do, there are alot of people here on CPF who can hook me up. Good prices too.

-David