Lookin' for the some "Old Timers" forum members

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder how/why being around for some time should give more (?) help, than from a short time member, that is exactly into that stuff.
🤔
Apart from that, most look like fivemega's, like has already been typed.
A few are still open for sale
(not in gold plated, but the models)

fredx

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how/why being around for some time should give more (?) help, than from a short time member, that is exactly into that stuff.
🤔
Apart from that, most look like fivemega's, like has already been typed.
A few are still open for sale
(not in gold plated, but the models)
I was just playing the odds that the older members were more knowledgeable of these lights as they have pretty much went by they wayside and have been surpassed in popularity by the newer lights made by todays manufacturers. I never meant to imply that a newer member would or could not know about these lights-- thats all.

steveG

Enlightened
Haha. I just logged on for the first time in... I have no idea! I just used my Milky U2by2 and wondered if this forum was still around... sho nuff. It is! Then I found this thread and did the math. I made it. Ha!
I wasn't very active, but read a ton and bought a few handfuls of cool lights over the years....

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice fivemega lights. I think I had every one of those at one time or another.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I have ever seen him or not, and I'm not sure what he looks like, but I have corresponded with him through CPF a good few times, and he has graced my mailbox a lot. Like I said, I never met him, but the rumour is that he is not just a man. He is a machine.

Last edited:

fredx

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if I have ever seen him or not, and I'm not sure what he looks like, but I have corresponded with him through CPF a good few times, and he has graced my mailbox a lot. Like I said, I never met him, but the rumour is that he is not just a man. He is a machine.
are you talking about the fm fella?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
5mega is definitely part milling machine, part AI, and a treasure trove of information.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
5mega is definitely part milling machine, part AI, and a treasure trove of information.
His artificial intelligence could use a little tweaking in terms of sweet talking the uninformed, over privileged, impatient and downright truculent people. But don´t we all.

Whenever he posts an answer to some obscure bulb requirement or compatibility, well, it´s just a symphony of delight.

fredx

Newly Enlightened
Me personally I have not found him to be the most understanding person to relate to in these matters, but he is not the only one though -- LOTS & LOTS of folks on here are like that

Kinda like a clique

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
None left?
What did you end up doing with them?
I sold them. Regret it. Still have 3 FM cooly's. Sold all my incans over the years. I have all LED's now. Mostly custom. OMG lumens, Vinh54. Wish I had all my custom incans I used to have. Back in 2006 when I joined here, I built quite of few mag85's. 1000 lumens out of a mag host was awesome. Still is. Back then CPF was so active. Miss those days around here.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is this heresy? 🤣

I still carry a Streamlight Stinger at work everyday to compliment my high mileage Klarus XT11, I admittedly use it rarely but appreciate the warmer light on those odd occasions 👍
I used to only prefer the warmer incan light. Didn't like the blue/pure white of the LED. Lol. I guess I've changed.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED technology has certainly changed since way back then... higher CRI lights etc.

Biggest issue I see is sourcing replacement incandescent bulbs ☹