Looking at trails

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, those look comfortable. They also look like they had decent size lugs on them at one point.

StagMoose

Enlightened
The speedcross are nice and have big lugs. They tend to run narrow. Too narrow for me anyway. Salomon seems to have changed up their lasts even on the same models. Sizes and fit are different than they were even a few years ago. It is very frustrating as I am a fan of their stuff. Buy the same thing a few times and then get a new pair and they are a size too small and shaped differently. That is what led me to the sense rides.

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, those look comfortable. They also look like they had decent size lugs on them at one point.

They are comfortable straight out of the box Fish, no complaints at all. Even though the sole looks super thin up front, lots of cushion. These are the wide version(not sure how the standard narrow fit). But comfortable all round. The lugs were quite aggressive( odd few are still a little lol). That took a lot of concrete walking(which they are not meant for) to wear down.

Defo a recommend, with the 5 out, the 4 should be able to be bought for well under your budget. I would not be surprised if you could get near 1/2 your budget.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
The speedcross are nice and have big lugs. They tend to run narrow. Too narrow for me anyway. Salomon seems to have changed up their lasts even on the same models. Sizes and fit are different than they were even a few years ago. It is very frustrating as I am a fan of their stuff. Buy the same thing a few times and then get a new pair and they are a size too small and shaped differently. That is what led me to the sense rides.
I've noticed that also.This is probably because they changed the country of manufacture. From Taiwan to Indonesia.

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, of that's the case price wise that might be a good bargain.

ven

Flashaholic

They do a wide, have you tried these? So available standard and wide which i have the latter. Pretty wide foot and not had any issue with these cross 4.

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, of that's the case price wise that might be a good bargain.

Over the last few months, odd sales in UK have shown them for cheap as chips, under £50, sure maybe even near £40 ish. Cant remember what i paid, think fairly new out and listed at £120 ish, i paid £90 iirc. Speed cross 3 are also still available, worth a look around imho. Good luck

StagMoose

Enlightened
They do a wide, have you tried these? So available standard and wide which i have the latter. Pretty wide foot and not had any issue with these cross 4.

Good to know, I may check that option out. Thanks!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Brief video review of the Ultraboost Terrain; he's focusing mostly on the weatherproofing and traction, as most sneaker folk already know about Ultraboost comfort:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
T...Salomon seems to have changed up their lasts even on the same models. Sizes and fit are different than they were even a few years ago.
I have two pairs of Salomon XA 3D Pros (2016 & 2020) - same model / style w/only color differences (both are going strong w/no problems). Had a paypal bal and was looking for a third pair so they will last me until whenever... and saw that they no longer make the XA 3D Pro, it's now the XA PRO 3D V8. Remembering your post, I looked for any older XA 3D Pro and found REI had them for sale. Perfect fit like the first two. So comfortable. Unlike New Balance after a few years with your feet swimming in them lol. Salomon retains the hold around your foot.

StagMoose

Enlightened
Nice! I have an old pair of XA 3D Pros that are probably 7-9 years old. Still waterproof. Wear them in the yard for them it is wet. Tread is a little slick on them.

Just got some new Salomon X ultra 3 GTX. Needed to go a full size up, but they seem to be about the same as the old XA Pro 3D minus the plastic chassis system.

Been through a bunch of the 4D Quest boots. Switched to Hanwag and will never go back. Solomons are fine and some are on sale now so maybe a good buy, but for Boots the Hanwags are way more comfortable and required no break in.