Looks like I'm a flashaholic....

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
ooOOoooo the old Fenix E-21, I love that flashlight. I gifted it to my father and he uses it everyday for the past few years.

+1 on this! I've had mine for so long it looks like it will run forever. :) I got this almost at the same time as my Four Sevens Quark Tac AA.

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the very wise counsel, ven. Also, I had to immediately wipe the drool off when I saw the 2nd pic in post 19. You have some amazing lights there. Also, your mini-me appears to be developing a nice appreciation for illumination. Well done.

ven

Flashaholic
Cheers, yes he has! He is a mini flashaholic for sure....................he goes on about "torches" more than me..................:faint:

He knows his mules from his orange peels and even his nichia's and hi cri's. Likes his p60's to.........here he is swapping one out

Only the other night he grabbed a handful of lights for me to take a pic of...................mini me :laughing:

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: thank you CG! :)had a chilled day................away from work, coffee table is loaded right now(goes away to take a quick pic)

Just had a nice fillet steak so all is well:grin2:

duckied

Newly Enlightened
+1 on this! I've had mine for so long it looks like it will run forever. :) I got this almost at the same time as my Four Sevens Quark Tac AA.

I'd purchase my Foursevens Quark AA around the same time also. My sister in Utah is enjoying it on her hikes and camping trips now. I may have more lights then I need but I'm also donating the ones that don't get used much to families and friends. I guess that's me, justifying purchasing new ones lol.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Birthday, ven!

BlackRiverRider, now you have to assemble your own. That's the next step. Buy yourself a Convoy S2+ host, driver and LED and put it together. Probably the simpliest build and easy way to get started into custom lights and customizing premade lights. Check out Mountain Electronics.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
It certainly helps if you can get the boss on your side, odd light is no issue but if your going to start collecting then getting them on board is important. She may not have a light, a nice one for the handbag(or what ever) for an EDC will come in useful at some point. "what do i want a flashlight for................" can soon become " that flashlight sure came in handy today looking for an ear ring" as one example. A nice beam(not an intense blue hot spot that burns retinas for fun) of warmth, easy on tired eyes and shows colours nicely would probably be more appreciated.

My boss often enjoys having a go with some v54's(more so the larger ones) along with lots of CT varieties. Maybe partly down to being a tog helps with lighting etc, but she does have quite a bit more interest in flashlights today than say 5yrs ago. Not too often as it would be exaggerating, but i would say once a month or so, a conversation on hi cri and CT's breaks out:faint:

Honesty is always best policy, behind another's back is not advised and will only bring problems down the line(not saying you would!) . Place of work means no missed deliveries, just go easy and moderation without packages growing at the door. Key is to have a use in mind(application) before buying a light on a whim(again not saying you would, just a general comment), this way it saves surplus lights down the line with poor UI or poor tint/beams as examples.

Having a shared interest is not always easy, but involving others to a point does help to get across what useful tools they are. Maybe nightly walks for exercise/adventures, glove box light for finding that lost change under the seat.................to a potential unfortunate break down.

Although i never force anything on anyone, pretty much keep my stuff low key, interest soon develops(or so i have found over time) due to either curiosity or an actual need/use of a light. Basically enjoy your hobbies/interests and over time, others may share the same or just become part of the norm..............

You know all is well when you can have a brew and nothing at all is said, as if its the norm and to expect nothing different

Also helps having someone to have your back!

Kids think I am crazy for some reason this morning...............

Must be my Bday...........have a guess how old:crazy:

You know you have it bad when you make a wish , and its for a bigger coffee table to fit your lights on;)
Dont forget................enjoy it:D

Do the HDS count as candles? ;) Something HDS is next on my list.

ven

Flashaholic
Cheers staticx:)
Yes..............well if you click it 9 times for candle mode! No matter where you turn the rotary to, it settles to a set level on candle mode.
The rotary is excellent staticx, goes without saying the hi cri option would suit you well. If anything and its to my eyes, it looks a little warmer than the 4000k . Real nice beam...........

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non-sense. The flashlights are there to symbolize good luck. They shine brighter for your future than any candle. Although technically their CRI is lower, not sure what that means. Not sure where this philosophically leads but it's out there. :party:

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know you are a Flashaholic, when you move to a new place...and 6 months later find a box with 20 flashlights in it(including a couple V54 lights), that you had completely forgotten that you owned....

You know you are a Flashaholic, when you move to a new place...and 6 months later find a box with 20 flashlights in it(including a couple V54 lights), that you had completely forgotten that you owned....

...... also known as, just getting old. :nana: Nice score though. :thumbsup: Anyway you L@@K at it, it is 20 new lights. :)

~ Chance

jso902

Enlightened
I agree with letting the Mrs know. She doesn't always know the price, but she knows their not cheap.
She has jewelry and I have my toys.