Losing a flashlight stinks

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son & I went to summer camp with our Scout troop last week. We were headed to the main campfire, and my son said he left his light back at camp. I had a headlight and a handheld. I gave him my favorite headlight Zebralight H52w. He's never lost a light before and has always been very responsible, but as you've guessed he lost it. No biggie, I'd just replace it, BUT ZL stopped making it and the new H53w doesn't support 14500 cells. I prefer that cell over Nimh, and was bummed. I searched & searched & finally found a caving company with 2 in stock! Sooooo like a good respectable flashaholic, I bought them both. I then went looking for another handheld Zebralight SC52w which also supports the 14500 battery just in case I lose mine. No luck. At least I was able to replace the headlight this time.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
About six years ago I lost a new Surefire E1B. I thought I left it on my vehicle one night and drove off. I was so disappointed. Fast forward and six years later I was crawling around in my attic and found my long lost Surefire. I still have it to this day.

Don't lose faith.

Rstype

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe I lost my Prometheus beta qrv2 yesterday with tritium tailcap. :( out at the beach with the kids and I guess jumped out of my pocket. Could be at the bottom of the ocean by now. Or sand. I hope someone else finds it so it's rescued.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I never lose any one of my lights...but if I do I am not out that much in dollars. I always know where any one of my lights are at any given moment, another side benefit of not having that many.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to attach its lanyard to the light, dropped it into my right front pants pocket, but then I loop it's lanyard around my belt, so even if it comes out of my pocket, it can't go anywhere, because it's attached to my belt. Granted, I wish it had a quick-release lanyard, because I have to unlatch my belt if I want to hold the light higher than 9" above my waist line when using it! But at least it can't get lost.

Ooh, you *almost* do what I do. Try buckling up, then poke the lanyard down through the belt, and drop the light through the wrist loop and down into the front edge of your pocket. Then you can use it at your waist, dangle it "floor bounce" hands-free, or pop it up through the wrist loop to use free of the belt, without having to undo your belt. Almost as ready access as a clip, but infinitely more secure. And when you do slip it out to use, you can put the lanyard around your wrist, so you don't drop it: overboard - over the cliff - into the tree chipper - etc.

Norman

Newly Enlightened
I decided to attach its lanyard to the light, dropped it into my right front pants pocket, but then I loop it's lanyard around my belt, so even if it comes out of my pocket, it can't go anywhere, because it's attached to my belt. Granted, I wish it had a quick-release lanyard, because I have to unlatch my belt if I want to hold the light higher than 9" above my waist line when using it! But at least it can't get lost.

Go to your local dollar store and buy a carabiner (regular or locking). Alternatively, you can go to an outdoor store and buy a real one.
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5007-000/Positron-Screwgate-Biner
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5043-589/FS-Mini-II-Carabiner
Run your belt through it, and then put the landyard into it.

Another idea is to use a Nite-Ize S-biner
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5019-593/S-Biner
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5052-867/S-Biner-SlideLock
One end can go in a belt loop, and the other can hold the landyard.

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
I've gotten into the habit of putting a small label that I make in MS-Word with my name and phone # and "please return to" and a "reward" (I'd offer them a Nitecore Tube) and scotch tape onto each of my flashlights in the event I lose a light.

I have lost one, a D25C, but I suspect it's amid some clutter in a room that I have not felt motivated lately to search through.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten into the habit of putting a small label that I make in MS-Word with my name and phone # and "please return to" and a "reward" (I'd offer them a Nitecore Tube) and scotch tape onto each of my flashlights in the event I lose a light.

I have lost one, a D25C, but I suspect it's amid some clutter in a room that I have not felt motivated lately to search through.

I do that too, but I wrap it around the battery! Hopefully it pays off one day.
Sort of unrelated, but I also decided to make a QR code label to put on my Apple AirPods that'll link whoever scans it to m contact info.