Lost my 8AX in the snow!!!

Topper

Flashaholic*
You guys need to hear the real story, I bumped it as I ran into RazorMaxx on a different thread and it was the first time I saw him post in a year or three.
65535 sorry I do not have a bike laying around if I did I would send it to you.
I had a couple U2's I donated one and lost the other. Go figure both worked no tailcap problems. So Dave how about that story???? I can't post it as I heard it in a PM from you.
Topper :)

Topper

Flashaholic*
PM's have been "iffy" at best. I want to tell it (it reflects very well on Dave in my opinion) I have tried to send a PM to Dave a couple times and we/it locked up so I am unsure as yet if he got them. So rest assured folks, RazorMaxx was very straight forward with me.

Topper

Flashaholic*
O -Tay, I got in touch with Dave and I do indeed believe I have permission to post the rest of this story.
Fact is best as I recall Dave's posts were real and my posts are real. I recall the UPS tracking letting me know he got it. I recall Dave letting me know he got it. I was not using the 8NX so not a big deal to me. The big deal that to me makes this a great story is that Dave did find his 8AX when things melted down. Dave felt bad as I gave him a light (me thinking he needed one for his job and I had a light not used) Dave contacted me to let me know he found his 8AX and could not keep the 8NX and spare lamp. So Dave showed a good side to me A side I respected Dave sent me something?,
I requested he give the light to his son in stead of sending it back.
Point is Dave was straight up in truth. That goes a long way with me.
I told that right. Dave thank you for being honest in letting me know you found yours and attempting to send mine back.
Topper

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lost my 8AX in the snow!!! **FOUND**

Greetings All! Topper you're a great guy to say the least.:)

Yes, the snow we had here in Ohio 2 yrs ago amounted to almost 23". One of my jobs is I am an on-site property manager for a strip mall. Like I said, I was out of my truck 3 times that night, twice was in my plaza. Once in front to clean my wipers and once in rear to take a leak. Several weeks later during the melt off I was in the passenger seat with a friend and we drove behind the plaza on our way to my home. I looked out in the field where the piles of snow had been plowed to and saw something on the top of the pile. I instinctually (is that a word?) felt something in my stomach and had my friend stop. I walked out to the pile which was about 20-25 yards from the pavement and low and behold...there it was! My trusty old 8AX! It was slightly bruised on the bezel, no water damage, and it actually turned on dimmly for just a second or two. I took her home, dried her off and charged her battery and she still works fine to this day! In fact Topper "caught" me ordering batteries from Silverfox for her and the 8NX that my son now has and loves.

I hesitated to tell the story because many times a story such as this might sound far fetched and many might not believe in this day and age. I appologize for not doing so but as mentioned I did contact Topper right away 'cause I did not feel right accepting his generousity after finding my lost baby. I have several lights (don't we all) but for some reason this 8AX has always been my favorite and with the coming of the new batteries from Silverfox (Tom) I think she will bring even more pleasure.

Thanks to all the nice comments above and thanks to Topper for bringing this back up and getting me to tell the story. I get windy and am only a 2 finger typist which is why I dread posting such a long story too!

Last edited:

Mad1

Enlightened
Get a holster? I jest.

Nice story. :) It's great that it still lit, a great testiment to surefires quality.

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
It was amazing that it still lit. I had hoped to just find it and would have been prepared and more than happy to get a new bulb and battery but they are both still the same to this day! I may bust the bulb with the new batteries coming though.

Another thing that I thought amazing was the lack of significant damage. Just a small bruise to the edge of the bezel was all. It was pushed probably about 50-60 yards by a huge (gravel pit ytpe) end loader that has an 18' blade on the front of it. The company I use to plow is an escavation company in the summer and they had to bring out the big equipment after this big snowfall. I assume though that it probably rolled up into the snow and was carried away.

Although I always had a gut feeling I "might" find it (I'm not one to ever give up hope) I really feared it may have fallen out while at the gas station and someone would have got an expensive light that they would have had no idea how to charge.

I should someday tell the story about losing my Streamlight Stinger back in the 90's when they first came out. I was on duty on third shift and we went to "lunch" (3am approx.) at the only all night restaurant here in town right when the bar crowd was there after hours. It aparently fell out of my jacket pocket while at the restaurant and some drunk probably wound up with it. I was torked to say the least! (I guess I just told the story in a nut shell!)

Oh well.....no I can't bring myself to use a holster of any type. Now adays I mostly use my rechargables during my night time walks back around the pond and woods so I generally just slip them into my side pocket of my carpenter jeans...still.

Thanks all,

Dave

Topper

Flashaholic*
The only amazing thing (to me) is that Dave let me know he found his and wanted to send my light back. Many folks would have not done that. That is a great testament for Dave being honest with me, a total stranger.

Flashlight Enthusiast
If someone lost a light and was given a replacement by a kind sole for no charge and then found theirs and kept them both then they don't deserve the generouscity (F spelling) or to find their light. Razor is honest and that is honerable. In the end this story ha da very happy ending light was found in working order and the extra gift light was given to a son. :) such a happy story It makes you want to tear up. But we are men so we can't.

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
65535 said:
If someone lost a light and was given a replacement by a kind sole for no charge and then found theirs and kept them both then they don't deserve the generouscity (F spelling) or to find their light.

Care to elaborate or clarify? Please read all above posts first though...K?

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I am saying is both you and topper are good peoples and more peoples should be honest and generous like you guys :) I also have read all the post at one point.

RazorMaxx

Newly Enlightened
65535, Thanks so much. I was taking it the wrong way which is easy for me to do right now considering my wife moved out a week ago and I've been kinda touchy. I'm sorry I even thought the way I did.

Thanks again,

Dave