Lux-RC FL33 review: Thoughts and Impressions

Newguy2012

Enlightened
@gunga Why was your unit gas filled?
@quazzle What does the red ! mean? Low stock? Is the UI operation the same in v3? How would one download and update UIs to the light? Does it include some kind of tool? How do you use the fourth LED? Is that for moonlight mode? What's max lumen spec for Nichia using 1x18650? I have a Xeno cube with the Nichia. The spec is 50% less lumens compare the XML version. Can you answer those? or Will I have to wait for gunga's review?:D

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
What does the red ! mean? Low stock?
not finished tasks
Is the UI operation the same in v3?
yes, almost the same with some enhancements
How would one download and update UIs to the light?
one goes to the web, selects the UI, gets the light close to the screen and programs it using the optical interface
Does it include some kind of tool?
No, it's wireless. You can program it even with iphone or any phone connected to internet
How do you use the fourth LED?
check this link
What's max lumen spec for Nichia using 1x18650
We use new 219B which, especially hi-CRI ones, exceed CREE's in efficency/luminous flux. Don't forget FL33 uses three leds not one so the flux should be multiplied on three.

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wireless optical interface...cool! Glad to have mine in the queue...hoped for more updates soon.

219B have higher output than 219A right?

For the new engine, will the two cells config still push out twice the output as the single cell ones?

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
yes, 219B are a way brighter/efficient than 219A. In addition to greatly improved flux rating new Nichias are better most Crees in terms of general efficiency thanks to extremely low voltage drop 2.6-2.8 volts.

New engine shifts the limits again :) Two cell is now limited at 20watts (2A per each led). As for the single cell, I'm still trying to get 15 watts from it. I think it's possible.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
Would you be replacing 219a b10 92cri option for the new one? or Will you add an extra Nichia option to the order form? Could you mix n match 2x 219b (80cri?) and 1xhcri 92? Would the beam look weird having uneven leds on? I figure use the hcri 92 only for close range stuff.

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
there's no ra92 available with 219B now. The best 219b's CRI is ra80. I'll add more LED options soon, in the meanwhile you can modify your order by adding comments. Yes, mixing is possible.